Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your messin' up on several different levels. But - -> WTF !! --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Zero 1/2" LOW @ 50yds and given - -> "info in,info out",I will print out the exact ballistics "cheat sheet" for you. Tape it on your buttstock (right side).
    OR - - -> ???
    AND - -> may I please ask,why so heavy a bullet ?? --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Zero 1/2" LOW @ 50yds and given - -> "info in,info out",I will print out the exact ballistics "cheat sheet" for you. Tape it on your buttstock (right side).
    OR - - -> ???
    AND - -> may I please ask,why so heavy a bullet ?? --- SAWMAN
    Will go 168 and lighter. Just to try them. Had good luck with 150gr core locks.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    YOU NEED TO RELOAD FOR THAT GUN !!
    125's or130's, @ 3000fps+,for that gun,set 1/2" low, will give you a PBR (6-8" circle ) out to as far as you will EVER target an animal at. ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Extra mag. Can never have too many, lessons learned.
    Especially if they're plastic. I've heard bad things about certain plastic bolt guns mags/mag releases busting off and having to have self tapping screws to semi permanently make them non detachable mags. A known problem, because of plastic

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Especially if they're plastic. I've heard bad things about certain plastic bolt guns mags/mag releases busting off and having to have self tapping screws to semi permanently make them non detachable mags. A known problem, because of plastic
    Not really worried about this rifle design or build. In the past non standard mags have a habit of skyrocketing sometimes. Might grab a few more.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shot today. Wow. I like it. Trigger surprises you. No stop, glass rod, grit, creep or any of that. Light pressure and boom! Supposed to be 3.5lbs. Shot several different types of ammo. 150gr win soft point seemed to do the best. 0 at 200 yds. Could put them inside red circle, oval in torso target. No problems. I like the short throw on the bolt. You have to close the bolt with authority to catch the round. Lock it shut. I accentdently heated the barrel up, ( too much fun) accuracy fell off immediately.(@ 200)
    Hope I did not screw it up. Seems to be a really good rifle. Fired 5, cleaned, let sit. +45 rds fired. Leopold fire dot 3x9 is fantastic!!
    * Using bipod. A more skilled shooter could achieve better accuracy I'm sure.

Attachments

• 20210805_134315.jpg
      20210805_134315.jpg
      2.7 MB · Views: 115
    Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been a Browning fan for as long as I can remember and for the most part, still am! I purchased a new Browning Silver field 20 gauge a while back! When I put the barrel on, I almost threw out the plastic packing. Well, it’s part of the gas recoil system, so I needed that! Also, after assembled, there’s up and down movement of the fore grip. Tightening the nut doesn’t help! Then I noticed it was made in Portugal where the XPRs are also made at their Viana, Portugal plant!
    That in and of itself is not an issue and maybe mine or just the silver field isn’t the tightest guns?
    It shoots OK with no issues although I have not put a lot of rounds though it but my thoughts were/are, I have several $400ish turkish shotguns, so why did I pay a $1000 for one seemingly the same or very close? The turkish ones all work and some I have close to a thousand rounds and the one turkish 20 gauge semi, I shoot better than some of the better ones like the Japanese made Citori’s. I just have to tighten the fore grip nut and choke often and also keep real clean!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got my ambush all set up!! Let my bride's sister use my ruger x39 today. Using hornady American whitetail ammo. 165? Gr.

Attachments

• 20220124_145140.jpg
      20220124_145140.jpg
      475.4 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Top Bottom