• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I don't remember, it sounds like the one Raven described. Heck I don't even remember what I paid fer it....
    Probably ameriglow that's the only ghost ring I've seen. These tti sights that are on this are very good. At arms lenght the dot fills the notch and is super bright.. Tks

Attachments

• 20211024_163030.jpg
      20211024_163030.jpg
      8.5 MB · Views: 66
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    In case of a jam, yep. But I heard from one shooter here on the forum last year that his Vickers baseplates were coming off when they weren't supposed to be, and he quit using them in his carry gun. I traded away all my Vickers baseplates just because of that. It's just not worth the chance. People buy them to help in case there's a jam and gotta rip a mag out, but then there's more of a chance of you losing all of your ammo out the bottom of your gun, at any moment, including at the worst possible moment. I got much more peace of mind getting rid of them than I had in using them.
    It ain't gonna fall off. Took the mag apart to clean. Damm near had to use a hammer.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Heard you can send Glocks to the plant for a full checkup. Don't know the cost. They can refinish them too. Anybody done it?
    I took my Gen2 G21 to a "Glock Days" fun day at Maine Military Supply (indoor range and huge surplus store in Holden) maybe 4 years ago. The Glock factory armorer/representative who was there showing off all the new line up from Glock swapped all my internal parts in my Gen2 G21 for brand new parts, for free! He saw this G21 I'd just bought jamming every other round, and he told me to meet him after closing at the gun counter. I did, and he surprised me. He said somebody had tried to rebuild it before but with all the wrong parts. He said no thanks needed, that he was just impressed somebody was still rocking a Gen2 G21, which was the very first Glock ever made in 45ACP. He even took parts out of his new G21 when he didn't have what he needed in his toolbox! We test fired on the range and then I went home, a happy camper and a Glock fan boy for life. I still enjoy my revolvers and DA/SA semiautos and SA-only guns, but I will probably always reach first for a Glock

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo .... did they ever make a GLOCK 20 Gen II ?? ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I could tell ya'll stories from the early days of my expierances with Glock,but would most likely bore ya'll.
    Basically,I was so impressed that I sold most of my 1911 Colts,except two Series 70's, and bought Glocks.
    At one time I owned 8. Now only 4. Did not really want to sell them but older now and trying to be realistic. --- SAWMAN
    I am a lifelong Glock fan also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom