• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Blasted some cans. Shoots good.. could use the irons and hit the target! Aluminum case works great. Do the firing pin strikes look right?, dosent appear to be much damage to the lips and the cases are clean. 100% on operation ... it's a glock, doing glock stuff.

Attachments

• 20211026_152401.jpg
      20211026_152401.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 79
    • 20211026_152831.jpg
      20211026_152831.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 82
    • 20211026_152855.jpg
      20211026_152855.jpg
      2.5 MB · Views: 64

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Found this round in the dirt when picking up empties. Thought about trying it, but decided, don't be stupid.
    File it, sand it down and try it on a lead sled with a string! You never know until you try! I'd do it in something that wasn't valuable, though, for sure. There was one time I accidentally slung a whole box of (hard to come by) 7.5 Swiss off of my toolbox, and into the mud, in the rain, at dawn. I found the mess I'd made when I came home at dusk, underwater and half buried. Every one of them still went bang.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A friend of a friend up in Maine bought a 1,000 rounds of steel cased 9mm FMJ for his Glocks, and he swore by it, that the steel cased was all he ever used
    Bowfreak did tell me once that the aftermarket ETS brand Glock 30 rounders that were not metal lined had problems with steel cased ammo

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Did it come with pre ban mags?

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a G19 gen 2, and have a G17 gen 2 in the Leon County Evidence Lock up!!! My son left his truck unlocked and my G17 I handed down was taken by a scroat but luckily a LCSO deputy pulled over a scroat who had it so I will eventually get it back!!!!!!! Good thing since mom/dad bought it fer me as a graduation from the police academy in 94! I put on a ghost ring sight on it which looks a little weird but works!!!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I carry a G19 gen 2, and have a G17 gen 2 in the Leon County Evidence Lock up!!! My son left his truck unlocked and my G17 I handed down was taken by a scroat but luckily a LCSO deputy pulled over a scroat who had it so I will eventually get it back!!!!!!! Good thing since mom/dad bought it fer me as a graduation from the police academy in 94! I put on a ghost ring sight on it which looks a little weird but works!!!!
    Good to hear. My father in law has a p-32 were waiting on,, still.. 3 years now. How do you like that sight?? Did you just replace the rear and left the front stock. (Height)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering if these baseplates are made for a 20 or 21.
    I would use them for hunting/range but not for CC. I want my Glocks as slim and sleek as possible.
    Could these cause a problem during a re-holster ?? I prefer Glock OEM. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Wondering if these baseplates are made for a 20 or 21.
    I would use them for hunting/range but not for CC. I want my Glocks as slim and sleek as possible.
    Could these cause a problem during a re-holster ?? I prefer Glock OEM. --- SAWMAN
    Here. Dosent seem to be over sized.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good to hear. My father in law has a p-32 were waiting on,, still.. 3 years now. How do you like that sight?? Did you just replace the rear and left the front stock. (Height)
    Yeah just the back... JJ replaced it for me. Hopefully get it back if the scroatbag court case goes next month but knowing the system, it will probably be continued over and over again while the scroat roams free to commit more crimes!!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah just the back... JJ replaced it for me. Hopefully get it back if the scroatbag court case goes next month but knowing the system, it will probably be continued over and over again while the scroat roams free to commit more crimes!!!
    What brand was it?, thanks

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I used a ring on a Glock rear sight for a little while. Aquire the front sight, then it's eyes wide open and scanning, just like any other sights... but can not let yourself settle into muscle memory with your subconscious thinking "peep sight" and then subconsciously closing one eye. Tunnel vision can kill you. I caught myself slipping into peep sight mode enough to where I quit carrying it, and then I got rid of those sights. The only good thing about it was the glow in the dark dots on both sides of the ring

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Those Vickers baseplates are designed to rip them out of the mag well faster.
    In case of a jam, yep. But I heard from one shooter here on the forum last year that his Vickers baseplates were coming off when they weren't supposed to be, and he quit using them in his carry gun. I traded away all my Vickers baseplates just because of that. It's just not worth the chance. People buy them to help in case there's a jam and gotta rip a mag out, but then there's more of a chance of you losing all of your ammo out the bottom of your gun, at any moment, including at the worst possible moment. I got much more peace of mind getting rid of them than I had in using them.

Top Bottom