• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Remember the Fitzgerald, 11 10 75, You do a job that many of us could not or would not even want to try. Be safe ya got a lot of hunting and work to do.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Remember the Fitzgerald, 11 10 75, You do a job that many of us could not or would not even want to try. Be safe ya got a lot of hunting and work to do.
    Thanks! Yep the Fitz and 1000's more resting on the bottom. It's challenging to say the least. Got lots of life insurance just in case. Just gotta remember to put immersion suit on. No body, no pay for 7 years. Reality stuff.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well, we filled up with bio diesel. Nothing but headaches. We're burning thru fuel filters like mad.
    It weighs more? and the engines are burning it way faster vs regular red pop. (Off road)
    Going green is nonsense. Sorry earth.
    do your part peon, john kerry needs some good fuel to go hopping around the globe urging everyone to fall in line...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Well, we filled up with bio diesel. Nothing but headaches. We're burning thru fuel filters like mad.
    It weighs more? and the engines are burning it way faster vs regular red pop. (Off road)
    Going green is nonsense. Sorry earth.
    Biodiesel is only good for the earth in that we didn't throw that french fry oil away, we burned it up in an engine instead. What I find hard to believe is that we had enough of that used french fry oil to power a tanker ship, nevermind multiple tanker ships over and over again

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    One of the new guys popped a cable the other night, no idea how. Replaced the 600 foot x 7/8 cable today. Lots of dragging cable. Went to remove the clamp on the drum and the bolt snapped. Had to call out the 1st engineer to drill and ez out the bolt. Replacement bolt was too long and was bottoming out in the hole and could not get it tight enough to hold the cable. I added 3 lock washers and problem solved. I'm pretty sure this is what caused the failure to begin with. Fixed now!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It looks like they do it right for the crew . Hope you have some down time before watch . Enjoy the meal .
    Done for the day. Rinsed boat stem to stern after coal load. Blew out the water lines. 25deg. Locks and fire/boat drill tomm.

Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen an article on HGTV (It duzzant take much to entertain me) about this shore-bound ship or one like like it. Neat interior. You have an interesting career, be safe.
    Didnt amazing houses do a segment on that "Deck Cabin House".
    He was a retired captian I think.

Top Bottom