• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I dropped an SKS off for them to work on back in February. I wanted a rail mounted on the side of the receiver. Just needed two holes drilled and taped. Talked to one of the guys there and they said that would be easy for them to do. It would only be about an hour job. Couple weeks passed and I hadn’t heard anything so I decided to call. Couples calls later and I couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Left a message. Couple days went by without a reply so I decided to swing by. The guy tells me that they didn’t have the right bits for the thread pattern of the screws that came with the rail. So they ordered the right set and we’re waiting on them to come in. Couple more weeks go by and I haven’t heard anything. So again I try to call. No answer. I stop by to see what’s going on and the guys claims that the order is on hold and they are still waiting. So I practice patience and give it a couple more weeks. Still no answer. About 3 weeks ago I decide that enough is enough. I stop by and talk to the guy working(different guy than who I’ve been dealing with.) I tell them that I’m not mad and I understand that delays happen but it’s been 5 months since I dropped it off and they have yet to complete the order. I said I would gladly pay them something for the hassle but I would like my rifle back. He goes to get it for me and brings back a disassembled rifle. I asked if he would have the armorer put it back together since they knew how the parts went and I wanted to make sure all the parts were returned. He said ok and took it back. I stopped in last Friday to pick up the rifle and it had yet to be reassembled. The same guy was working. So he took my name and number down and said he would call the owner and see about getting it put back together. I’ve stopped by and tried calling multiple times without a response.

I don’t understand leaving a gun for 5 months with anyone.

Day1989

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t understand leaving a gun for 5 months with anyone.
    It was mainly me just giving them the benefit of the doubt. But at this point I could’ve ordered the right tools on Amazon and gave it to them to do the job.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dude...that's ridiculous. I haven't been by there in awhile but I wouldn't think there work schedule is that hectic to not take the 45 mins to assemble a SKS. Wow!
    *edited to add- this is a different shop with different owners than when this thread originally started*

Day1989

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dude...that's ridiculous. I haven't been by there in awhile but I wouldn't think there work schedule is that hectic to not take the 45 mins to assemble a SKS. Wow!
    *edited to add- this is a different shop with different owners than when this thread originally started*
    I agree completely. I like to think I’m an understanding person. Give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time. That and I try to give small, local shops my business. But with my experience it’s gotten to the point that enough is enough. If I were a business owner in this situation I wouldn’t be ok with how it’s going for my customer. Theres been almost no communication. That and they are hardly ever there. Store hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10am-6pm. I stopped in earlier at 2pm and no one was there. When I stopped in Friday to check on things the guy said the owner would be in the next day. To no surprise, he wasn’t. So I’m not trying to give them a bad name but going off of my experience, I won’t be going there again. I hope others don’t have the same misfortune.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lol. You're a better man than me... I'd drive my diesel through the front door of that shithole strip mall before I put up with that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    How about this - -> wait until you are sure that there is someone in the buisness. Thru observation from across the street.
    Then call the sheriff or state. Have them RESPOND. Make sure you have the proper paperwork.
    Have the LEO fill out a report. (He most likely will not want to do so . . BUT !!)
    See how that transpires. It is your weapon. They either stole it,or have posession of it illegally.
    I'd try this - - -> then get that ATF involved. ----

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Or cal the local atf representative. They can help.

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not to derail this specific issue with this business but be cautious if ordering firearms from Don's, I always try to support local guys and thought I would give them a chance, my mistake. Researching their business was much like above I think a lot of these small shops are ghost operators off of another store or distributor

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Anytime I've ever called dons about a firearm in stock they always want me to order it from them and wait till it comes in. They told me 6 to 8 weeks on a 10/22. In that time frame there will be one pop up on this forum or one of the gun search engines, probably for cheaper.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I didn't read this thread in full, but I want to give a shout out to PFC Industries!
    They did a very nice stipple job on my Canik! Exactly as I ordered. And had it done in a timely manner. They advertise as a full service custom gun shop, and after seeing the variety and volume of projects in their shop, I would agree. I'm considering them for some other projects I have. Anyway I recommend them. Nice guys.

Starsandbars

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    PFC did a transfer for me and it was incredibly cheap.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I dropped an SKS off for them to work on back in February. I wanted a rail mounted on the side of the receiver. Just needed two holes drilled and taped. Talked to one of the guys there and they said that would be easy for them to do. It would only be about an hour job. Couple weeks passed and I hadn’t heard anything so I decided to call. Couples calls later and I couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Left a message. Couple days went by without a reply so I decided to swing by. The guy tells me that they didn’t have the right bits for the thread pattern of the screws that came with the rail. So they ordered the right set and we’re waiting on them to come in. Couple more weeks go by and I haven’t heard anything. So again I try to call. No answer. I stop by to see what’s going on and the guys claims that the order is on hold and they are still waiting. So I practice patience and give it a couple more weeks. Still no answer. About 3 weeks ago I decide that enough is enough. I stop by and talk to the guy working(different guy than who I’ve been dealing with.) I tell them that I’m not mad and I understand that delays happen but it’s been 5 months since I dropped it off and they have yet to complete the order. I said I would gladly pay them something for the hassle but I would like my rifle back. He goes to get it for me and brings back a disassembled rifle. I asked if he would have the armorer put it back together since they knew how the parts went and I wanted to make sure all the parts were returned. He said ok and took it back. I stopped in last Friday to pick up the rifle and it had yet to be reassembled. The same guy was working. So he took my name and number down and said he would call the owner and see about getting it put back together. I’ve stopped by and tried calling multiple times without a response.
    An SKS ain't that hard to put back together...

Jrfowl12

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    PFC did a couple of cerakote jobs for me. One on a glock and another on an AR lower. Two different jobs about a month apart. Left it with them on a Mon or Tues and was ready for pickup by Fri, which was quicker than they said it would take. Flawless work. No complaints. Hadn't had any dealings with them at all previously or even really heard of them but they came recommended by a friend.

Attachments

• 20210924_203153.jpg
      20210924_203153.jpg
      278.4 KB · Views: 63
    • 20211013_131628.jpg
      20211013_131628.jpg
      449.8 KB · Views: 63
    Top Bottom