Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recent communication from PRPC

Range Use and Covid-19 Rumor

Newsdesk - Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club

8:47 PM (1 hour ago)

Club Members,

A rumor has come to our attention that the Pensacola Rifle & Pistol Club range is closed due to Covid-19. At this time, that is completely false. We are a private club and the range is still open for member use.

Members would hear it first through club communication and then it would also be posted on the website.

We recommend that if you do use the facility during these peculiar times, that following CDC guidelines is the best way to avoid the Covid-19 virus. Please follow the guidelines and if you are not feeling well, it would be best that you do not visit the range in that condition. Of course, for most of us, that is common sense because handling firearms while feeling ill or fatigued is just not a good practice in any circumstance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the same email
    Here is a link from Baptist Health Care about Covid-19: https://www.ebaptisthealthcare.org/Health/what-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19

Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
    Avoid touching your face.
    Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
    Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
    Practice social distancing of six feet.
    If you are older or have respiratory issues or other conditions, it is best that you stay away from other people.

Please see the PDF attached which is the same flyer Vice-President Mike Pence is displaying during the daily press conferences.

It is our best hope that all of our members stay infection free so that we can individually do our part to flatten the curve. We look forward to putting this behind us.

https://www.ebaptisthealthcare.org/Health/what-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GREAT !! Just another example of why I belong.
    Will be out there at least twice this week.
    Thanks for this update. --- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was able to join this past August. I really enjoy it and plan to be a member for years to come. Frequently, I am the only person there. It is like having my own private range.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your absolutely right. Never crowded. In the 18+ years that I have been a member,I have NEVER had to wait to set up my considerable amount of equipment. This,on any of the ranges.
    Will be teaching a liberals,liberal how to shoot a pistol over the next couple of weeks. They live down the street from me. Kinda like the Carville's,he is a Repub. she is a Dem. No guns in the house,I hate violence,can't we all just get along,etc,etc. . . . DEMOCRAT. (It's sickening!!).
    All of a sudden he bought her a Walther 380 and SHE wants to lern to shoot for defensive purposes.
    I ought to charge her,then donate the money to President Trumps reelection campaign,get a receipt and hand it to her.
    BUT - -> other than being a Dem. she is basically a nice person. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dunno . . . The husband comes down all the time and we sit on my back deck,drink sweet tea,and solve most of the worlds problems. They are an older (guessing 65) and been married for 25 years or so. No kids.
    He is a hard core Repub . . she is a harder core Dem. She is into no nukes,save the whale,save the trees,animal rescue,etc,etc.
    This is just "out of the blue". The training is as much for him as for her. I have been talking to him about security lately. Maybe he took it home. They are both nice people and great neighbors . . soooooooo . . . ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Trying to get them both into a concealed carry permit and into JJ's class . . HOWEVER . . I believe that is aways away. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A colleague that I use to work with at UWF sent me an email about what gun he should buy. I told this was not a good time to buy price and availability wise. If he was willing to spend the time to learn how it works, a glock 19. Other wise a revolver. I told him a 12 ga pump shotgun is highly recommended. I will help him out with ammo if he cannot buy any and take him out to shoot it.
    I did not volunteer to go with him to buy. I have not heard back from him yet. I am basically staying away from folks. I did not ask, but he may have done military service as a conscript in belgium.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got this with my new gate key and membership card yesterday. (Been 17 years now)
    I heard that only the three absolute best shooters in the entire club get these. --- SAWMAN
    20200521_084314.jpg
    20200521_084345.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ccather, Would really like to see the rest of that gun.
    That is the three then. Any more will be an unauthorized copy and the owner will be subject to a $500.00 fine and sent packin' over to SRSC. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That is the three then. Any more will be an unauthorized copy and the owner will be subject to a $500.00 fine and sent packin' over to SRSC. --- SAWMAN

I think SRSC is offering a free shirt promotion.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks. I recently got it back from the engraver. He does all work by hand. I will see if I can take a few more pics.

Top Bottom