• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kiloniner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone knew if we could carry at the fair? I don't see any legal reasons we couldn't, but I've been to fairs with metal detectors and haven't been to the Pensacola fair before.

I'm also taking a girl that doesn't know I carry, and don't want to get to the gate and have to mysteriously walk back to the truck to put my pistol away.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are so many cops there, if you ever had to draw your weapon, you would be gunned down before anyone figured out what was going on. LOL.

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am sometimes amazed at the places that prohibit Concealed Carry. I was about to walk into a military surplus store the other day when I saw "the sign". Don't they realize that 75% of their customer base are the good guys that carry and obey the laws? I had to walk back to my truck. As I did, I had to wonder how many criminals would see that sign and decide, because they didn't want to violate someone's rules, to move on to the next store to rob or commit a violent act.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    There are so many cops there, if you ever had to draw your weapon, you would be gunned down before anyone figured out what was going on. LOL.

no shit. aint no way id pull a gun there. if you did have to shoot somebody you would be shot to shit before they hit the ground.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You shouldn't need to carry at the pensacola fair, only nice, law abiding citizens go! I haven't been there since I was 18 and saw an old carnie lady beat the hell out of her son or grandson. There's to many classy folk there for my liking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big led sign up front said "no unlawful weapon" whatever that means. Didn't see other signs, but really wasn't looking. Maybe permit carriers only, who knows. I wore mine in a crosstuck iwb with no problems.

Concealed means concealed like I said.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't get any pat down when I walked in and worked at our booth for a while, like Bluewater said, concealed is concealed. If anyone knows I have it, I am doing something wrong.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I saw the big "Unlawful" weapons sign yesterday too. I guess that means those without a ccw. Or maybe no battle axes or tridents or ninja stars.;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mxpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Concealed carry at Pensacola Fair

Per U.S. Code and Florida Statutes a sign stating "No Weapons" is not legally enforceable unless establishment is on the list of prohibited places. At least that is how I read the Statute.

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can carry. The only time it would be pheasable to use a gun is walking the 2 miles to and from your car. But a gun on rides is not a good idea. Ask the guy who left his gun on the dinosaur ride @ disney which was found by a 9 yr old girl or some shit like that. Id say carry something that wont come dislodged. Like the Zimmerman special or a ruger lcp

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Per U.S. Code and Florida Statutes a sign stating "No Weapons" is not legally enforceable unless establishment is on the list of prohibited places. At least that is how I read the Statute.

+1

But they are allowed to refuse you service aka you don't get arrested for having it but if they know you do they can stop you from going in etc. No one should ever know that you are carrying anyways unless they have a metal detector. I carry mine to the fair every year. I don't ride rides so its no problem. Like it was said before, I'm not worried while at the fair, its the walk to and from it.

Top Bottom