• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Love the Milton one, lots of neat old guns. Too much new stuff at the Pensacola one.
    I like that one better too. I'm a milsurp junkie though, I know a lot of folks aren't. Lately I have the itch for a nice Smith in .357, but it's kind of a wash unless I can find one that comes with ammo.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went yesterday. Bought a couple of AR vice blocks a used rubber pistol grip and 556 and 308 GI style cleaning kits to go inside my stocks. Lots of ammo for $1-$1.25 a round and rifle primers at $300 per thousand. No thanks. They're $100 per thousand at AA Tactical in Crestview and I thought that was high.

If anyone is looking for Winchester 748 powder there's a pound left at Styx River as of Saturday around 1030.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the folks that are waiting for the price to drop and the supply to increase, will likely be disappointed for the next few years. Take a look at academy prices , they are substantially higher than they were just 3 weeks ago. The bright side is they are high enough to stop scalpers from making enough to bother standing in line for hours.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh no! I missed out on 40 cents per round 22 lr!!!

What ever will I do!
    I saw 10-12 thousand for .12 and .14 a round. Not 2008 prices but way better than people are claiming that they seen. Maybe they just didnt see it or they might only be remembering the high prices?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I saw 10-12 thousand for .12 and .14 a round. Not 2008 prices but way better than people are claiming that they seen. Maybe they just didnt see it or they might only be remembering the high prices?
    How much is that per round after the $10 fee to get in, multiplied by however many people or kids you brought with you, and the fast food and gas? Exactly. Depends on whether or not I'm already there for other reasons or not as to whether or not it's a good deal. Driving across two counties for saving 10 cents a bullet is not a good deal

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I do just go to the show to hang out. But not at the Pensacola show, not since it's now $10 at the door

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    How much is that per round after the $10 fee to get in, multiplied by however many people or kids you brought with you, and the fast food and gas? Exactly. Depends on whether or not I'm already there for other reasons or not as to whether or not it's a good deal. Driving across two counties for saving 10 cents a bullet is not a good deal
    I see your point and yes I dont know anybody in there right mind that would pay $10 to go buy one or two boxes of ammo. Neither would I stand in front of academy for 1 hr waiting on the doors to open. Im guessing most people make $20-40 an hour so I cant see coming into work late and waste that 1hr of pay for a 2 box limit.

But expand your mind, maybe if your buying a case of wolf then the $10 door fee is cheaper than shipping and privet sales have NO TAX so your saving money buying that case of 3 years old wolf from a non vender that needs his closet space back and at a great price too.

Gun show hint! if you see a big banner in the air above a table that says "AMMO" run away, thats the high price stuff with sales tax, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom