APOD Firearms

Pensacola Approves Gun Buy Back Program.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    BREAKING: PENSACOLA CITY COUNCIL UNANIMOUSLY APPROVES GUN BUYBACK PROGRAM
    By Andrew McKay
    Tonight, the Pensacola City Council unanimously approved moving ahead with a gun buyback program overseen by the
    Pensacola Police Department
    and funded by $10,000 from either the Mayor's discretionary fund or the Law Enforcement Trust Fund. Several of the details are yet to be decided, but based on conversation during Tuesday's Agenda Conference, the measure offered by Councilman Delarian Wiggins will pay $50 for pistols and $75-100 for long guns (rifles / shotguns). The weapons will be taken with no questions asked and will then be checked against weapons used in crime or stolen or else destroyed.
    Although both Sherri Meyers and Casey Jones raised concerns that studies do not show any effect on gun violence, they were willing to try the program and find out what the results might be. The Council also seemed to be persuaded by scenarios such as elderly people getting rid of a gun because they didn't feel safe to own it anymore and also the prospect of saving even a single life with a $10,000 attempt to reduce gun prevalence.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Need a cover activity like handing out pamphlets for some PC cause. Provides opportunity to talk to people about their gun.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hell yeah. Sounds like a good opportunity to walk around the event with a sign that reads “Will pay 3x for your guns! Text: XXX-XXX-XXXX”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn! I already said $200 and now you are trying to put price me!

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I remember correctly, Pensacola tried this about 12 years ago and it made no difference in crime or shootings. This will really be sad if the money for this project comes out of the Law Enforcement Trust Fund. I would rather see our tax dollars used on something more meaningful.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If I remember correctly, Pensacola tried this about 12 years ago and it made no difference in crime or shootings. This will really be sad if the money for this project comes out of the Law Enforcement Trust Fund. I would rather see our tax dollars used on something more meaningful.
    I don't live in the city limits but you're right, I'm sure there are way more productive ways to invest $10k into "fighting crime" in Pensacola.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When the higher end guns are turned in,I would hope there is ironclad tracking of the weapons.
    What is the ultimate plan for them ?? Hopefully not to be stolen from the back of some police cruiser.
    The above is correct,in that the $10K could have been better used to ACTUALLY fight crime.
    Perhaps buy the SWAT guys more $5000. guns for those 88yd shots. --- SAWMAN

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    BREAKING: PENSACOLA CITY COUNCIL UNANIMOUSLY APPROVES GUN BUYBACK PROGRAM
    By Andrew McKay
    Tonight, the Pensacola City Council unanimously approved moving ahead with a gun buyback program overseen by the
    Pensacola Police Department
    and funded by $10,000 from either the Mayor's discretionary fund or the Law Enforcement Trust Fund. Several of the details are yet to be decided, but based on conversation during Tuesday's Agenda Conference, the measure offered by Councilman Delarian Wiggins will pay $50 for pistols and $75-100 for long guns (rifles / shotguns). The weapons will be taken with no questions asked and will then be checked against weapons used in crime or stolen or else destroyed.
    Although both Sherri Meyers and Casey Jones raised concerns that studies do not show any effect on gun violence, they were willing to try the program and find out what the results might be. The Council also seemed to be persuaded by scenarios such as elderly people getting rid of a gun because they didn't feel safe to own it anymore and also the prospect of saving even a single life with a $10,000 attempt to reduce gun prevalence.

is this only for pcola residents?

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We all know know this does nothing for crime but its paving the way for the new NORM which is coming..... ammo buy back programs.

Uilleam

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Awhile back a Widow of a WW2 Vet brought a Sturmgewehr to a gun buy back. Luckily the guy taking the buy backs told her he wouldn't take it.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    This is not a gun buy back. Pensacola didn't sell the gun in the first place so how can it be a buy back? Let's call it for what it is. This is gun confiscation/control pure and simple. Don't let gun grabbing advocates control the narrative. When we cede control of the language we loose the battle.

Top Bottom