Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This was a great show last year! I look forward to it. Thanks

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Are there totally different vendors than at the fairgrounds show?
    There are a lot of different mom+pop vendors on Panama City, with a few familiar mom+pop faces and quite a few familiar FFL faces. Jay's Guns will show up in force. He's got some cool stuff, but I like looking at all the hobbyists tables for old military surplus not imported anymore

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I just moved to the area and will be my first time at this show. Hope there is good turnout.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The show in pcb a few months ago was awesome, few guys still trying to flip their 9mm but most folks had finally got the hint that prices are heading back down and figured selling at semi normal price at least gets it sold lol.

Found a few good deals on primer and powders too.

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Panama City Beach show is definitely in a unique venue as most are at a fairground. I anticipate that the normal dealers who routinely show up at the Panama City. Ft. Walton Beach and Pensacola show will be there. You can find some interesting buys at the private seller tables. Dealers usually make the rounds before the shows and make offers on a lot of stuff before the show, but you can still get some good stuff. I've been looking for a decent priced Finnish M39 for some time now with no luck...

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Panama City Beach show is definitely in a unique venue as most are at a fairground. I anticipate that the normal dealers who routinely show up at the Panama City. Ft. Walton Beach and Pensacola show will be there. You can find some interesting buys at the private seller tables. Dealers usually make the rounds before the shows and make offers on a lot of stuff before the show, but you can still get some good stuff. I've been looking for a decent priced Finnish M39 for some time now with no luck...
    So what would be the markings on the Finn you a looking for?? Hell a variety of them. I always liked the SKY and Sako marked rifles.

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sako/SKY are the top of my list. Also looking for a M38 in a M38 stock and not a M44 stock. Had one and like a dummy, let it go. But then M38s and M44s were $75.00 all day long.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ones marked Sako SKY with stock cartouches are just beautiful.. Any hope of snagging one off gunbroker..?? unfortunately they seem to go in the 900 range.

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Probably no luck on GB, not when run of the mill 91/30s are several hundred. I wished that I would have bought several cases of Yogo SKS rifles and Mosins when they were dirt cheap.

And while I'm dreaming, throw in 2 cases of $100 Bulgarian Makarovs

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ok just got back from the show. Made a great trade and ended up with a 629 performance center snubby.

Prices, about $100 bucks above gunbroker prices. The tables are flooded with AR15s from every imaginable reputable and "homebrew" manufacturer. Georgia Arms had a good supply of ammo along with the various tables of private sellers. Lots of AKs and CZ scorpions and IWI bullpup shotguns. Of course you have the beef Jerry and knife guys as well.

Not too crowded at 10:00. Only saw one "stick guy" walking around with a wooden dowel with peice of paper with the price sticking out of his barrel.

Redleg155

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thought I saw some, but can't say for certain. I paid 65.00 for 50 rounds of M
    Primers, bullets, powder???
    Not sure I saw any powder, bullets or primers.

Prices were up, but not too crazy. I paid $65.00 for 50 rounds of Mag Tech 44 mag, almost the same as Georgia Arms was charging. I was shocked that Bass Pro in Destin had 10 boxes of Hornady LeverEvolution .44 mag at $32 a box of 20. I snapped up 3.

I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I ever come across any and give you a shout.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Tshirt spotted at the Panama City Gun Show by a guy with a table there. How awesome is that?!
    Screenshot_20220109-101951_Messages.jpg

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I thought it was a good show. I was able to find a 17rd M&P magazine. I've been on the look for them since moving from CO but they are getting harder to find so finding one for $36 was worth the $10 admission.

Ammo wise, I was looking for 9mm, 5.56, & Horady Black Grendel. I bought a few boxes of Federal 124gr FMJ 9mm at $20/box I did see other tables with it for $25-$35+ though.
    5.56/223 was at $12/box but didn't buy any but still saw prices up to $25 for 20 rounds, geez. Grendel was tough, only one table with 2 boxes at $50 a box so I passed on that as well.

You would think ppl selling ammo would at least scan the competition for their prices to see where they are. Looks like some don't care or they bought high and are not ready to sell at a loss yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom