• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    FWIW, I hated IWB, but now that I have an extra couple of inches of room in the pants, and a comfy holster, it's pretty good.
    Nighthawk Talon II Bobtail Lightweight in a N82 Tactical Professional Holster. :behindsofa:

Snow Bird

Master
    Congrats on the weight loss Dan.

Jeb21

Master
    That it 20 more pounds that you can add to your EDC . . . Lets see extra magazines, bug gun, folding knife, neck knife, flashlight, back up flashlight, lighter, back up lighter, leather man full sized, leather man pocket size . . . . .

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Dan I love my Remoras for IWB, stay in place and very comfortable

Dan1612

Master
    Dan I love my Remoras for IWB, stay in place and very comfortable
    I've had many of them. I'm gonna try them with my new lightweight compact for cargo pocket or for quick trips. New gun should be here Friday, but seriously, IWB, N82 is the one to beat IMO.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    FWIW, I hated IWB, but now that I have an extra couple of inches of room in the pants, and a comfy holster, it's pretty good.
    Nighthawk Talon II Bobtail Lightweight in a N82 Tactical Professional Holster. :behindsofa:

Definitely helps to have a little extra room for IWB. It appears you are evolving. Probably be singing the praises of appendix carrying a Glock 19 by this time next year! (g)

Dan1612

Master
    Definitely helps to have a little extra room for IWB. It appears you are evolving. Probably be singing the praises of appendix carrying a Glock 19 by this time next year! (g)
    That made me laugh! Thanks.

Fletch

Master
    Well I got my kt mech holster in today and tried it out. It's a really nice thin holster with adjustable retention but the hype for OWB concealed carry doesn't hold true for me unfortuantely. It ain't bad and with a sport coat or open jacket in the winter would work just fine. But with t-shirts, polo's, and the button down summer shirts I wear it just looks like a big growth protruding from my side. It does present a better grip than the IWB pancake style leather/kydex which holds the gun tighter to my body but the tradeoff is concealability. Will be a great holster for IDPA or general range time however.

I've been carrying a Glock41 in a Raven Vanguard 2 in the appendix position off and on for a while now and it's the best thing since sliced bread imo. One $35 dollar holster fits all your Glocks, can be snapped around a belt for iwb carry or tethered with a lanyard for carry in a backpack or console etc. It just covers the trigger guard but has amazingly positive retention and is an extremely comfortable way to carry. I'm sitting down with my laptop and it's just fine as long as I don't slouch. Concealment and comfort is heads and above better than any other method for me. It also presents a much better grip and is more secure when you have to run or jog. Only trade off is you can't safely reholster but it only takes a second to unsnap and remove from the belt to reholster.

I know I know....Don't point at anything your are not willing to destroy.....To which I say.....Where is a 3 o'clock holstered gun pointed when walking around upstairs with people below?....Where is a holstered firearm laying on a dresser pointing? How about a holstered firearm in a backpack, "man bag", or purse? Does the muzzle never sweep anything in these situations? These methods of carry sweep things we are not willing destroy all the time but the firearm is properly holstered with no chance of magically discharging.

The Raven

Dan1612

Master
    Fletch, that's a HUGE gun! No way it could be OWB'd. Even Frank could've told you that. ;)

Fletch

Master
    Fletch, that's a HUGE gun! No way it could be OWB'd. Even Frank could've told you that. ;)

Yes it's big but not really bigger than a full size 1911 and a good bit lighter. Same length but a little thicker. The 41 isn't nearly as blocky as the 21. Pretty much the same as a 34 or 35.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Thought I would give it a try but the appendix is working out pretty well other than some people telling me I'm a dumbass and going to shoot my nuts off. Once you get accustomed to walking around with 13 rounds of .45acp in a full size gun that is stupid easy to shoot well with everything else seems like a compromise.

Skippy02

Marksman
    eda9a54dc572e4389502970f2ee42ab8.jpg

Just a quick shot of my Jogan holsters collection

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Are the IWB kydex ones from the same person? I'm looking for a very minimal appendix iwb holster for my shield

Skippy02

Marksman
    Are the IWB kydex ones from the same person? I'm looking for a very minimal appendix iwb holster for my shield
    Top left corner of the picture is the appendix iwb for my shield and all these are mine, made by Jogan

Jeff

Jeb21

Master
    Skippy, I am not seeing any revolvers. Did you not watch enough cowboy movies as a kid? Or are you one of those guys who has Broke Back Mountain on Blue Ray. One way or the other, way too much polymer and not nearly enough blue steel cylinders. If you decide to change your un-American ways just let me know I will help you. It is a six-step program.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Skippy, I am not seeing any revolvers. Did you not watch enough cowboy movies as a kid? Or are you one of those guys who has Broke Back Mountain on Blue Ray. One way or the other, way too much polymer and not nearly enough blue steel cylinders. If you decide to change your un-American ways just let me know I will help you. It is a six-step program.
    Ouch, I've owned a couple revolvers in my time but my preference is semi auto mag fed striker fired reliability and dependability. My collection of Glock and Smiths is fair.

Jeff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom