• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marinegator82

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Colt Commander 1911 .45 and I want to replace the factory sites. Getting older and want a adjustable sight or red dot. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

DKirkland1212

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would start by looking at websites of high end name brand manufacturers of 1911 match grade pistols, such as Kimber, Sig, Colt and Springfield Armory. They have shops that modify and upgrade their pistols using after market sights. Usually match grade pistols have larger than average sights to begin with. As for a "red dot" sight for a pistol, I would go to the name brand pistol scope websites or firearm parts dealers, such as Brownells.
    Are there any competitive shooters using red dot scopes on their pistols? But, if you are like me, I don't 100% trust websites to tell me the truth. I like the input of fellow shooters such as this forum. I'm really shocked that I was the only one to reply. I hope someone else can chime in with better info. Good luck.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i am right there with you. still have my beloved old 1911 but recently decided to invest in one of those newfangled doublestacks with a red dot on top of it.

Top Bottom