• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I have my first Wilson Combat SFX9(solid frame 9mm), I purchased from a gun store geographically close to me. I was/am excited as all get out, as this was my first WC. I had been set on getting a Dan Wesson, but fell in love with the finish on the WC.

My one and only and minor complaint is that its a little "snappy". I didnt realize that I purchased the 3.25" barrel until I got it home but shrugged it off. Range day was a bit of a surprise. As I said its snappy. Shooting my Stacatto C2(used private purchase acquired a few months ago... YAY!)did not help matters any, as the Staccato is spooky accurate, and gets back on target quickly.

So my dilema: find a dealer who will trade/take more money off of me for a WC SFX9 4" frame; find a private seller who will do the same; "trade down" for a Dan Wesson EDC; or just hold on to it.

Any suggestions, realistic and feasible would be appreciated. I say this because, NO I am not interested in trading a WC for a few Glocks or Springfields etc. I want the WC equal, or at least DW carry gun.

Looking forward to hear from you seasoned and grizzled veterans.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    If you don’t like shooting it, and you don’t want to carry it, or collect it, you should move it on. Personally, I think the best place to get the maximum return is selling it on the secondary market, like this forum. Trading it in at a retail establishment will not maximize your return. Then get what you would like to shoot/Carry.
    And I think what you are experiencing is something that’s relatively common to everybody that desires a new weapon that they have not been familiar with. It has certainly happened to me.
    IMHO

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You're going to lose out quite a bit by taking it to a shop for trade/sale. Person to person should get you more back but the forum members here are "frugal" unless you've got exactly what they want. GB is going to open up your audience but you've got shipping/fees etc to deal with. You can do a search to see what similar guns have actually sold (listing price doesn't mean anything if it doesn't sell) for recently. Up to you to figure out how much of a loss it's worth to get rid of or trade into what you want.

Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Appreciate the input members. I’d gladly trade it for another WC with just another inch (that opens up for all kinds of cliches)….on the barrel.

Maybe I’ll just hold onto it and be more careful in the search next time. It IS an awesome carry gun, and will get the job done, God Forbid, if necessary. Just won’t be shooting any long distance competition.

Be well and thank you for your thoughts.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called a "pocket rocket" for that reason. Just to present you with another option. As it's intended as a carry, you don't need supersonic speed. You could try some 147gr, or even some hand loads that are subsonic. I've seen plenty of competition shooters put just enough to get it to the paper. Very soft loads will take that "snap" out.

Sent from my SM-G736U using Tapatalk

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So, I have my first Wilson Combat SFX9(solid frame 9mm), I purchased from a gun store geographically close to me. I was/am excited as all get out, as this was my first WC. I had been set on getting a Dan Wesson, but fell in love with the finish on the WC.

My one and only and minor complaint is that its a little "snappy". I didnt realize that I purchased the 3.25" barrel until I got it home but shrugged it off. Range day was a bit of a surprise. As I said its snappy. Shooting my Stacatto C2(used private purchase acquired a few months ago... YAY!)did not help matters any, as the Staccato is spooky accurate, and gets back on target quickly.

So my dilema: find a dealer who will trade/take more money off of me for a WC SFX9 4" frame; find a private seller who will do the same; "trade down" for a Dan Wesson EDC; or just hold on to it.

Any suggestions, realistic and feasible would be appreciated. I say this because, NO I am not interested in trading a WC for a few Glocks or Springfields etc. I want the WC equal, or at least DW carry gun.

What kind of Dan Wesson edc are you looking for exactly. I got the tcp with the 4 inch bull barrel in 9mm. It’s a nice gun and a hell of a shooter. Capacity is 10 rounds.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    I agree with Raven. The SXF9 is WC attempting at the 2011 style pistol. Why not just stick with the proven maker of 2011 since you already have the C2 and shoot it well? Definitely selling your WC at the gun show or to a private party like this forum should yield more than trading it in. Just my humble opinion, wait a little longer for the new Staccato CS to become readily available. From what I've seen nothing but praises about this little gun. I have one on order and you're more than welcome to come try it once I have it in hand. Hopefully it gets to my FFL in the next couple of weeks.

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I agree with Raven. The SXF9 is WC attempting at the 2011 style pistol. Why not just stick with the proven maker of 2011 since you already have the C2 and shoot it well? Definitely selling your WC at the gun show or to a private party like this forum should yield more than trading it in. Just my humble opinion, wait a little longer for the new Staccato CS to become readily available. From what I've seen nothing but praises about this little gun. I have one on order and you're more than welcome to come try it once I have it in hand. Hopefully it gets to my FFL in the next couple of weeks.
    From what I’ve read up on the cs is that it’s hardly any slimmer than the c2, just a shorter barrel length. But opinions vary. I thought about ordering one for myself but I don’t see myself carrying a 2500 dollar gun.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    From what I’ve read up on the cs is that it’s hardly any slimmer than the c2, just a shorter barrel length. But opinions vary. I thought about ordering one for myself but I don’t see myself carrying a 2500 dollar gun.
    Not a hugh difference between the C2 vs CS as far as dimensions especially on paper. From what I've "heard/saw/read" all say that the feel of the grip is the most noticeable part. My C2 grip actually felt too thick in my hand so I did some work on it earlier this week. Hugh improvement. Thinner and more aggressive.

Attachments

• 20230120_142347.jpg
      20230120_142347.jpg
      373.6 KB · Views: 27
    • 20230120_142156.jpg
      20230120_142156.jpg
      444.4 KB · Views: 28

Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called a "pocket rocket" for that reason. Just to present you with another option. As it's intended as a carry, you don't need supersonic speed. You could try some 147gr, or even some hand loads that are subsonic. I've seen plenty of competition shooters put just enough to get it to the paper. Very soft loads will take that "snap" out.

Sent from my SM-G736U using Tapatalk
    Now THATS thinking outside of the box with hand loads. Thanks

Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of Dan Wesson edc are you looking for exactly. I got the tcp with the 4 inch bull barrel in 9mm. It’s a nice gun and a hell of a shooter. Capacity is 10 rounds.
    If you are talking about the Dan Wesson EDC and not (yet) the TCP, we can talk. Of course we’d have to do something about making up the price difference.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Second on trying a heavier bullet at non-hyper speeds. May solve the issue may not. Had a sig officers model that jumped out of my hands with all loads I tried due to its light weight so I sold it. Got a ria at a more traditional weight and zero issues. Staccato seems to be the top of the pyramid right now.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other factors that can contribute to "snappy" are grip size, shape, angle, and reach, as in how your finger engages the trigger. With revolvers, you can usually remedy that problem by changing the grips. Not all autos give you that option.

If you are truly dedicated to keeping this thing, compensator? Would add length/weight to the front of the barrel(?). You're in GB, so maybe go talk to the 'smith at Oak Ridge?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Is it the barrel length? What if you jump into the 4" and there isn't any difference. I have not shot the specific gun you're referring to, just tossing out my thoughts.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

EDC? Before you lose your ass getting rid of it, try this ammo.

Very effective against different flavors of critters, soft armor, and not over penetrating.

Recoil is less than 1|2. Mag weight is 1|4 +- of 147 grain. Adds up in dbl stack. Grab a pork shoulder and try for yourself.

Top Bottom