• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I needed some help with my m1a almost traded it off due to not being able to fit my gun into a new stock.... jj contacted me told me to give him a call. called him on sunday morning and was nice enough to let me come over that day. This man was born in the forge at Springfield Armory with a 308 bullet as pacifier in his mouth... he hooked me up is a understatement , helped me build my m1a EBR and taught me some great things along the way. will be back to hopefully soak some more great teachings here soon. will post some pictures of the m1a in a couple days also. BEST gunsmithing around.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I heard tell that CMP calls him for his advice on correcting some problems they can't. I thought jj was just joking one day when he said he had to go to Anniston, Al to repair an m1a for CMP. But about an hour later, a white stretch limo pulled up and Colby, a cmp armorer, stepped out, greeted me, and then asked jj if he was ready to go.
    jj told me I could pick-up pecans on halves if I wanted while he was gone. So again, I picked up my half and left his laying on the ground.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I needed some help with my m1a almost traded it off due to not being able to fit my gun into a new stock.... jj contacted me told me to give him a call. called him on sunday morning and was nice enough to let me come over that day. This man was born in the forge at Springfield Armory with a 308 bullet as pacifier in his mouth... he hooked me up is a understatement , helped me build my m1a EBR and taught me some great things along the way. will be back to hopefully soak some more great teachings here soon. will post some pictures of the m1a in a couple days also. BEST gunsmithing around.

JJ,,,aka OneShot is

DaMAN

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    He is a great guy, love just sitting around talking to him and learning.
    I'm even luckier... every time I go over

HE CHEWS MY AZZ FOR SOME STUPID THING I DID...

I love it and need it.
    slow is smooth and smooth is fast..
    Once as I pulled up I stopped and watched him fastdraw from his golf cart shooting steel in his yard..WHERE else are you gonna see that shit..LOL

ThankYou Jay in jay

have a wonderful 2021

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Us old farts that are still eager to learn really pisses off the younger "doodes" that have already learned everything.
    NOW - -> even more than in the past. I am eager to train,even at this point in my life. BUT - -> WILL ONLY ALLOW MYSELF TO BE TRAINED BY SOMEONE THAT HAS "BEEN THERE,DONE THAT".
    To each,their own. Maybe just me. Maybe it is BECAUSE I am older.
    I learn from JJ. Because I keep my mouth shut and my ears open. I am not affraid to ask questions. To expose myself as someone that "don't know that". SHOW ME is always in play with JJ.
    He IS da man. --- SAWMAN

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    He is also pretty damned good with a 1911. I spent an afternoon with JJ a year or so ago. Needed a simple spring, .99 part on super short notice. Took me 3 or so hours before I left with a lot more knowledge imparted than I ever imagined. I still owe him that .99. Top of the line for sure!

Last edited:

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jerome is one crafty man. give him a pack of gum, a water bottle, three match sticks, and some play dough and the man could damned near build an M1. And the old dude can shoot. It is a learning session every time he speaks when I’m around him. Proud to call him a friend... I need to go see him soon!

Top Bottom