Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Old colt refurbishing

Rpt

Shooter
Reaction score
will take more pics and post tonight. I am mostly interested in making sure it is safe to shoot...and "cleaned up". Some of the mechanisms seem locked up.

Rpt

Shooter
Reaction score
Bump...added photos

Roaster's Gallery

Master
Local Dealer
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Those serial numbers, if from an original Colt frame, may be old enough for the frame to be an original black powder frame. However, 38 special wasn't introduced until the smokeless era. So, the mystery deepens regarding your gun - at least to my limited knowledge. If it were mine, I would post detailed images to the Colt forum - there are a lot of experts there, and they could guide you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Boogan1

Expert
Reaction score
After seeing the replies on the colt forum I removed my comment. The lack of the rampant colt was troubling me. I have an 1892 and it has the rampant colt. We have a very good first generation single action gun smith living in Crestview if you would like someone local to take a look at it and get it working. You can PM me for his number.

Last edited:

Rpt

Shooter
Reaction score
After seeing the replies on the colt forum I removed my comment. The lack of the rampant colt was troubling me. I have an 1892 and it has the rampant colt. We have a very good first generation single action gun smith living in Crestview if you would like someone local to take a look at it and get it working. You can PM me for his number.
Tried to PM you

Toggle Sidebar

Sponsors

Holsters
3rd Coast
Top Bottom