GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I recommend cute flowers for the HOA Architectural Committee

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The best defense is always a strong offense , look around the subdivision and take pictures of everything you think isn’t up to hoa rules. If they want you to be in compliance then insist that everyone else is as well. one dickhead can destroy the peace and tranquillity of the whole area. It sounds like you have more than one to deal with.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO, most of the HOA committees and self appointed guardians of the HOA laws are transplanted yankees who miss the overbearing attitude and rules from where they came from...

I've met plenty of southern born and bread morons playing HOA guardian as well. It's endemic among people with small dicks and control issues no matter where they hail from.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've met plenty of southern born and bread morons playing HOA guardian as well. It's endemic among people with small dicks and control issues no matter where they hail from.

yep, it is a control thing.
    for the most part, the ones I have heard of remind me of the same people who ran for student council in high school

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    and became politicians?
    No they sucked too much at life to become politicians, so instead they ran for a spot on the HOA board. Probably ran uncontested and got the spots by default. I've read where the homeowners got fed up with the shit and got voted in and disbanded the HOA altogether.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I had a Sheriff in my neighborhood tell me I can not have a shooting range due to an ordinance that I am unable to find. State Law says I can due to everyone having more than one acre and shooting in a safe manner. Does anyone know of this ordinance? Apparently, it’s an Okaloosa county ordinance.
    Ask him to either show you the law or quote the statute. He can't just pull something out of his butt and tell you that's the law.

Bthomp83

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm kind of lost now that the HOA is against you. I thought they were all on your side?
    Nope. HOA’s always try to screw you over. They amended the covenant without telling anyone. I didn’t get any notice. The HOA belongs to us all here, yet, they don’t include everyone. My only way to fight any of this is that there isn’t any money they can fight me with. It’s tied up in improvements, etc.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    So how did the HOA get involved? Did you cry wolf to the HOA at the cop or did he already start doing work on his own?

Bthomp83

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the research and made phone calls to find out the truth and actual laws. (Although, I already knew all of this) I then spread the word to my neighbors. They needed to know this information. I did not want anyone else to be bullied into believing his crap. Some retired cop said “you need approval from the HOA.” I told him no one needs permission as long as it adheres to the covenant agreement. I then spoke with the Architectural approval board and they confirmed I don’t need approval because it isn’t a structural add-on. Pretty much the gist of it all.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    There is a active duty and retired cop in your neighborhood?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he’s talking about two different cops, that’s my take on it anyway. Ones on the Hoa board and the other is just a shit head.

Top Bottom