• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It doesn't need to be dissolved. Hopefully restructured? Beginning of the end.

It has been tried a dozen times over the past two decades.

It needs to be shuttered and everyone there needs to be shamed out of the gun business.

It is just a giant slush fund for the execs and a handful of law firms and lobbyists.

They could care less about the second amendment- except that they can exploit it to get $$$$$$$.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    If you being a democrat or republican like guns and enjoy the Freedom and Right to Protect then I would not wish for the nation’s most powerful gun lobby to be completely dissolved. The NRA has faults but is still the most powerful weapon we have. That is why this lawsuit is against it and no other gun organization

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Is GOA a viable alternative?

Not a huge fan of NRA, but the timing of this (Election year just before they contribute to the GOP) is a little suspicious.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hate to say it, but ain't nothing too big to fail. Maybe when the American people have to fight their own individual battles, in the streets or in the courts, they'll finally understand what all the fuss with the NRA was about

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you being a democrat or republican like guns and enjoy the Freedom and Right to Protect then I would not wish for the nation’s most powerful gun lobby to be completely dissolved. The NRA has faults but is still the most powerful weapon we have. That is why this lawsuit is against it and no other gun organization

The lawsuit is because the NRA misused funds, almost had to shut down due to cash flow issues, and is now under fire.

We can do without them. There will be plenty of opportunity for the smaller ones to step in.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hate to say it, but ain't nothing too big to fail. Maybe when the American people have to fight their own individual battles, in the streets or in the courts, they'll finally understand what all the fuss with the NRA was about

NRA does not fight for individuals anymore. They cherry pick cases that will run up millions in legal fees for their buddies - and let the rest of the cases go.

The sad thing is - the lawyers are not very good and they don’t have to be - they have the client no matter what.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA is in many ways like a large union that while it still represents its workers, the leaders often live high off the dues and do not do everything that they should. Right now there is no other viable alternative to them. Shut them down and some of the progun pressure on law makers goes away. They also function for the more traditional shooting disciples. I do not want them to be dissolved by antigun forces.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure where to start....

This lawsuit has nothing to do with how the nra is run and or if any of its officers have committed any crimes.
    This is just another in a long line of attempts to silence, ostracize, belittle, delegitimize ... the voices of all pro second amendment voters, and if successful will make gun ownership and forums like this one a thing of the past.

Most ... dare i say all news reports about the nra have any basis in fact... and are geared toward silencing, ostracizing, belittling, delegitimizing the voices of those who support the second amendment.

Does the nra and how it is run have faults. Of course it does. Years ago, I sent a letter to Wayne LaPierre about the pos made in china ball cap they sent me. I even offered to help them locate a US company to produce them and noted I would gladly double my dues if this could be done. Never got a response…

BUT…. For those who do not like them, and or think they should go away count yourself in good company...

Assuming of course you like chumming around with the likes of Nancy Pelosi, chuck schumer, and every other gun-grabber out there.

THE ONLY REASON THE NRA is constantly attacked by these pols and their media is not because of the power the nra wields it is because of the power millions of nra members wield at the voting box.

So, go ahead believe everything you hear about the nra. Once it is gone gun ownership is done.

Top Bottom