HD Tactical

NW FL/South AL Hunting Question (Repost)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRTXHunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Re-posting since I originally posted this in the wrong section earlier. Got some helpful replies there, figure I might get more here too. I'm all ears--

I'm a flight student aboard NASWF, and I'm not from the area so I'm curious what y'all local "experts" think. A couple buddies and I, with 30 years of hunting experience between us have been hunting yellow river WMA for deer (and/or hogs) since season opened, and we've come up skunked so far. Despite the comical experiences with crackheads, game cameras stolen, and over-pressured/under-populated deer, we've decided to move on from there. Any recommendations? We're willing to work for a private land hunt; we just don't have any connections with folks who have a place to hunt. As for hunting clubs, if we could find a reasonable rate for the end of this season we can talk about that too (beggars can't be choosers). Thanks in advance -JT

P4RET

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Re-posting since I originally posted this in the wrong section earlier. Got some helpful replies there, figure I might get more here too. I'm all ears--

I'm a flight student aboard NASWF, and I'm not from the area so I'm curious what y'all local "experts" think. A couple buddies and I, with 30 years of hunting experience between us have been hunting yellow river WMA for deer (and/or hogs) since season opened, and we've come up skunked so far. Despite the comical experiences with crackheads, game cameras stolen, and over-pressured/under-populated deer, we've decided to move on from there. Any recommendations? We're willing to work for a private land hunt; we just don't have any connections with folks who have a place to hunt. As for hunting clubs, if we could find a reasonable rate for the end of this season we can talk about that too (beggars can't be choosers). Thanks in advance -JT
    [/Q

Last edited:

P4RET

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sorry, I meant to say Eglin AFB... Also Blackwater still hunt areas.

Top Bottom