• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well the first Signal-0 Night Vision class was a success. This was my first adventure into providing NV instruction as an open enrollment class. While I've trained others in the LE arena, this class contained only three LEO's.

We finished up around midnight both nights and by that time the guys were ready to take a break. We stayed busy and accomplished a lot.

An unusual amount of weapon malfunctions this time which the entire class agreed was a big surprise. All were shooting suppressed except one guy. The brands were well known, I'll leave it at that.

The biggest training "wow" was reloading and clearing malfunctions under NODS. You just don't get that visual reference as well and the results were informative to say the least.

We shot about 400 rounds rifle and 200 pistol, which seemed adequate for the drills and learning points.

The biggest complement came when some of the guys who had already attend much more expensive and well known classes said they had a great time and the class was just as good and and informative as the "big names". That made me feel good... it's not easy sometimes to appease experienced or seasoned folks who train a lot.

Below are a few pics... I'll be doing another class soon to incorporate some minor changes... if you think you might be interested let me know.

We always cook out...

Doing various things under NODS including playing with a soccer ball.

Working on laser zero.

Malfunction drills.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom