• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Found a site that says nutria are established in Escambia County Fl. I have never seen one on any river or waterway, but would like to if in season. Has anyone seen them around the area?

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Between gator hunting, pig hunting, and fishing I have searched every mile of waterway inside of escambia county and have never seen one. Go over to the Louisiana marsh red fishing and you can pop them all day long

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not saying I have seen one. but last year huntin I thought I saw a little hog move behind fallin tree so I creep up to it to get a shot with the bow I set there for hrs I know it was still back there I could see all the way around it and it just never came out so I walk up there and there was a little hole in the ground and what looked like coon tracks going in the hole and I know it was not a coon
    I never thought about a nutria till now

From The Deep Woods

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thanks for the word guys, guess they are thin around here. Had eaten some years back at that little New Orleans Bistro on Scenic Hwy and liked it. Figured a whole one soaked for 24 hours in an apple cider brine and smoked on the wood smoker would be pretty tasty barbecue!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thanks for the word guys, guess they are thin around here. Had eaten some years back at that little New Orleans Bistro on Scenic Hwy and liked it. Figured a whole one soaked for 24 hours in an apple cider brine and smoked on the wood smoker would be pretty tasty barbecue!

I would try it. When I lived in Indiana, I shoot ground hogs/woodchucks on my grand parents farm. ExWife would parboil until tender (ones older than 1 year) and then fry. Dark meat and yummy! An adult would make 4 meals for her and I. Don't miss her, but miss the good eating.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I grew up fishing the Mobile delta. Plenty there. You can go over and enter the Nutria rodeo and possibly win a prize.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah HUGE GP...average 12 lbs but I have seen the 18-20, there is something that also looks like them that is a pest too, what is it?

Last edited:

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nevermind... I see they have tails. I had tailless rats er whatever when I first bought property. Looked like guinea pigs.

Top Bottom