• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase45C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's with all the Hellcats hitting the sale section? The hotness wore off on the 365s? Everyone moving up to full size or 2011s?
    I still rock my Glock 26. Every now and then I’ll break out the FN 509C MRD. It does seem like there is a full size trend in the air though.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I still rock my Glock 26. Every now and then I’ll break out the FN 509C MRD. It does seem like there is a full size trend in the air though.
    Winter is coming... :) and the ability to comfortably conceal something big. That's one thing I miss about Maine: big fluffy parkas year round meant I could carry any pistol I very well pleased

Chase45C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Winter is coming... :) and the ability to comfortably conceal something big. That's one thing I miss about Maine: big fluffy parkas year round meant I could carry any pistol I very well pleased
    I hear that, I’m from TN around the Nashville area and in the late fall and winter months I’d tote around the FNP 45. Super fun gun, got into Sig Sauer pretty heavy after that one for several years.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I hear that, I’m from TN around the Nashville area and in the late fall and winter months I’d tote around the FNP 45. Super fun gun, got into Sig Sauer pretty heavy after that one for several years.
    Yep. Go big or go home ;) a 45 will always be a 45! So no worries about opening up a tiny hollow point hoping it will be as wide as a 45. I carried a G21 and G30 for quite some time. But it was 33 round mag capacity and mag compatibility with my carbine that took me back to 9mm. I had a Kriss Vector in 45 ACP about 10 years ago. I've had a couple Kriss Vectors in 9mm since then, because of the 33 round mags. But those are long heavy rifles! I went back to Sub2000's because of the weight, point-ability and ergonomics. Gotta point faster than the next guy... Gotta run longer between mag changes than the next guy, and catch them on the reload, or worse, when they run out altogether. Like a bad western, "the quick and the dead"

Last edited:

Chase45C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. Go big or go home ;) a 45 will always be a 45! So no worries about opening up a tiny hollow point hoping it will be as wide as a 45. I carried a G21 and G30 for quite some time. But it was 33 round mag capacity and mag compatibility with my carbine that took me back to 9mm. I had a Kriss Vector in 45 ACP about 10 years ago. I've had a couple Kriss Vectors in 9mm since then, because of the 33 round mags. But those are long heavy rifles! I went back to Sub2000's because of the weight, point-ability and ergonomics. Gotta point faster than the next guy... Gotta run longer between mag changes than the next guy, and catch them on the reload, or worse, when they run out altogether. Like a bad western, "the quick and the dead"
    Yeah, the Sub is definitely a lightweight option. I wish that Kel-Tec would do a 7-10.5 pistol version.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    my 43x is in my safe now... G19 just is not that much harder to conceal. i shoot my G19 better because of grip size. we all sacrifice when it comes to EDC pistols, but my G19 is the best as far as giving up on full size carry.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    my 43x is in my safe now... G19 just is not that much harder to conceal. i shoot my G19 better because of grip size. we all sacrifice when it comes to EDC pistols, but my G19 is the best as far as giving up on full size carry.
    G19 isn't hard to conceal but in the hotarse months the 43X is a tad easier.

But like you, the G19 is easier to shoot well and I prefer it or a G45 when able.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fear and Dick waving sells guns. Once they sell a gun the money is gone. So out comes the new and improved one. Then you get guys like me who feel Glock peaked at gen2,3 and all the rest are crap...lol. we could all tote 6 shot revolvers and be "protected" but we always think the next shiny 33rd mag thing..... ymmv
    Indeed. I carried a S&W M65-3 3" for 18 months about a decade ago. Also good as a club after the first 6 shots.

Kind of like a lightsaber, a weapon for a more civilized age...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Indeed. I carried a S&W M65-3 3" for 18 months about a decade ago. Also good as a club after the first 6 shots.

Spot on, yes sir, well put

Chase45C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Damn straight!

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yeah, the Sub is definitely a lightweight option. I wish that Kel-Tec would do a 7-10.5 pistol version.
    That's an interesting idea. Maybe redesign the recoil spring, introduce a delayed/roller system, redesign to forward changing and charge a few hundred more dollars.

Or just buy a stribog.
    Or for more dime there's several offerings out there that can scratch that itch.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    just buy a stribog.
    Or for more dime there's several offerings
    But none of them others hinge at the chamber and clip their muzzle end into their buttplate end... patented, I'm sure. Just imagine if Keltec did make a pistol version. I imagine a stronger metal Sub2000 receiver, as a host for some metal collapsible brace hardware for that short pistol barrel. Closest thing I can see to this Sub2000 pistol concept currently on the market is the Uzi Pro pistol with brace. It's close because it still has the mag in the pistol grip with like a four or five inch barrel and a pistol brace, but it doesn't take Glock 9mm mags. If it did use Glock mags, I would already own an Uzi Pro

Screenshot_20221001-053556.png

Last edited:

Chase45C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's an interesting idea. Maybe redesign the recoil spring, introduce a delayed/roller system, redesign to forward changing and charge a few hundred more dollars.

Or just buy a stribog.
    Or for more dime there's several offerings out there that can scratch that itch.
    True that, the stribog is a cool rig.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I swap between a few CCW options. I just traded up from the shield to the shield plus. A few extra rounds, but mostly so I could flip the mag release (shoot lefty). When it cools off like now CZ P10c with a Holosun or P01 gets the nod.
    I tried the 365. Nice gun, but I just can’t shoot it well.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold my Glock 42 380 not because I didn’t like it or for financial reasons, the price and availability of 380ACP ammo is nuts. I decided to trade it in on a Glock 43x 9mm and use it as my ECG.

I really loved the Glock 42 and it was a nice shooter and a great ECG, the 43x is heavier then the 42, but it also shoots great and I can buy 9mm ammo at a reasonable price.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I sold my Glock 42 380 not because I didn’t like it or for financial reasons, the price and availability of 380ACP ammo is nuts. I decided to trade it in on a Glock 43x 9mm and use it as my ECG.

I really loved the Glock 42 and it was a nice shooter and a great ECG, the 43x is heavier then the 42, but it also shoots great and I can buy 9mm ammo at a reasonable price.
    Counter that weight difference by using high quality NOVX ammo. They use hybrid 2 piece cases and special projectiles to get the weight down by like 30 or 40% lower than regular 9mm ammo

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    My ol 21A is single action! I can only imagine how much fun it is to pull it out and cock the tiny thing without shooting yourself in an emergency.
    I can only imagine!

Top Bottom