• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did put a few rounds through my Glock 42 today. It’s a great shooter and very accurate for a compact. I have the finger extensions on the mags, so it fits my hand perfectly.

Very little recoil and combined with a set of amerglo night sights, it’s a prefect daily carry for my use. I use a IWB holster and I can carry it all day and never know it’s there. Very pleased.

Attachments

• 6DF0642A-04F7-4FD0-A26B-57CA37A6B19C.jpeg
      6DF0642A-04F7-4FD0-A26B-57CA37A6B19C.jpeg
      656.2 KB · Views: 46
    • B4853A25-1003-4FF2-8053-EC0E97357B1E.jpeg
      B4853A25-1003-4FF2-8053-EC0E97357B1E.jpeg
      306.5 KB · Views: 48

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did put a few rounds through my Glock 42 today. It’s a great shooter and very accurate for a compact. I have the finger extensions on the mags, so it fits my hand perfectly.

Very little recoil and combined with a set of amerglo night sights, it’s a prefect daily carry for my use. I use a IWB holster and I can carry it all day and never know it’s there. Very pleased.
    Could you flip that over and give us a photo of the manual safety like the one pictured on my Hellcat 9mm? I'm not sure if that's why there are so many Hellcats for sale? Or if it's all the upgrades that have so many subcompacts listed? Mine has the ability to mont optics & a manual safety, but are optics really needed on a CCW subcompact?

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could you flip that over and give us a photo of the manual safety like the one pictured on my Hellcat 9mm? I'm not sure if that's why there are so many Hellcats for sale? Or if it's all the upgrades that have so many subcompacts listed? Mine has the ability to mont optics & a manual safety, but are optics really needed on a CCW subcompact?
    The Glocks safety is build into the trigger and the firing pin. There is no manual safety lever like other pistols have.

That’s the beauty of the striker fire system. The only way the gun will go boom is if I pull the trigger all the way back.

You can go to the Glock website and they do a great job of explaining their safety system.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Glocks safety is build into the trigger and the firing pin. There is no manual safety lever like other pistols have.

That’s the beauty of the striker fire system. The only way the gun will go boom is if I pull the trigger all the way back.

You can go to the Glock website and they do a great job of explaining their safety system.
    Is it any different than the system used by Springfield?

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is it any different than the system used by Springfield?
    Some Boomers / Fudds / 1911 aficionados "must have muh manual finger lever safety bruh" even on completely safe striker fired guns like M&Ps and Springers. And SIGs too.

I get it if you aren't comfortable with a gun without a safety, but that doesn't make you right.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    A friend brought his SIG P365's in 9mm and 380 to the range (Sunday). I shot them both. The next day (Monday of this week) I bought a P365 in 380 (no safety model). Lucky for me, Gulf Coast had extended their 10% off sale. My small carry has been a Glock 42. I liked the higher capacity of the P365 and its small size.

100% reliable if the loads had enough oomph...a load that would function my S&W EZ that was too light for the G42 was also too light in the 365.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People who can't carry with a round chambered should really consider not carrying at all.

iu
    I carried a 1911 cocked and locked for many years without any issues, but after I started using Glocks and striker fired pistols, I like the safety system they utilize, its all about what you feel safe carrying. I carry my Glock 42 in a IWB Kydex holster with one in the chamber ready to rock if and when that time ever comes.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now if a fudd is someone without any self inflicted projectile scars? Guess I'm going to fall into that Catagory. While the trigger finger is the final safety, there are just way to many documented accidental discharges by Trained Professionals during real world high stress situations. It appears that the Glock safe system is leading the pack in this specific area of " ill repute". Perhaps that is do to the amount of trained professionals currently carrying them. But as more LEO's transition from DA/SA semiauto's, up goes the accidental discharge rate. Perhaps a belt &suspenders point of view isn't to be sneared at while attempting to wield a subcompact CCW? YMMV.

Last edited:

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now if a fudd is someone without any self inflicted projectile scars? Guess I'm going to fall into that Catagory. While the trigger finger is the final safety, there are just way to many documented accidental discharges by Trained Professionals during real world high stress situations. It appears that the Glock safe system is leading the pack in this specific area of " ill repute". Perhaps that is do to the amount of trained professionals currently carrying them. But as more LEO's transition from DA/SA semiauto's, up goes the accidental discharge rate. Perhaps a belt &suspenders point of view isn't to be sneared at while attempting to wield a subcompact CCW? YMMV.
    I carried this one cocked & locked as my EDC for a long time. I still carry it sometimes but my usual EDC is now a P365.
    View attachment 188875
    Nice 1911, I was partial to my Wilson Combat Elite Professional 1911 which I actually won in a contest. I hated to sell it when we moved to Florida, but I was stupid and didn't know the gun laws here before we moved. But, I now carry a Glock 42 380 and a HK VP92 9mm and like them both. I do miss my beloved 1911.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    People who can't carry with a round chambered should really consider not carrying at all.

iu
    A lot of military men trained to carry without a round in the chamber. Not just American, either. Israelis too. There are other countries too. A lot of these men won't ever feel comfortable any other way

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At least Israel did it for the right reason - when the state formed, they had a large variety of handguns, some of which were not safe to carry with a round in the chamber - and they had many people who weren't well trained with firearms - so they went empty chamber across the board. It's not if it's because they were uber ninjas and it make them more lethal.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now an empty chamber is probably best for a home defense situation when children or folks that are not acclimated to firearms use may be involved. But the extra response time during close quarters action with a subcompact CCW that should only be in the hands of a competent Marksman can be the difference between failure or success. Even the release of a manual safety shouldn't be as time consuming as racking the entire slide. But everyone has their own comfort level. As long as it's proven successful in the operators hands it's just a topic for conversation. Once it's proven to fail, well hopefully there is still a chance for the operator to Converse about it as a lesson of what not to do! JMHO.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel what ever the person carrying feels comfortable with is fine, myself, I keep my defense weapon with one in the tube and ready to go boom, if and when that situation ever materializes.

I feel very safe carrying my Glock and my HK VP9 hot with the striker fired safety system. I pray that situation will never materialize, but I want it ready if and when it ever does where every second counts.

It’s good conversation and one of my pet peeves are folks who carry and never practice with their carry weapon. Being proficient with your weapon is an important fundamental when carrying a firearm for self defense.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Decided to sell my Glock 42 380 and stick with the HK VP9 9mm line. I started carrying my all black stock VP9 as my daily carry and I thought there would be a weight and bulk issue.

But surprisingly with my new hybrid IWB holster I just bought solved the issue. I carried it all day and never bothered me like I thought it would.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A quality holster makes a world of difference. Not that it's the end all but, plenty of guys/gals are carrying full size guns with a rds and lights with no complaints.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A quality holster makes a world of difference. Not that it's the end all but, plenty of guys/gals are carrying full size guns with a rds and lights with no complaints.
    You’re absolutely correct, I have seen more and more folks carrying full size pistols. I went thru several holsters before I found one that I can carry my VP9 all day.

Top Bottom