• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am appalled at the total lack of reference to the most important date in the ETO. No documentaries, no old war movies and very little reference to it on the news, mainly just a footnote in the "Today in History" section. Glenn Beck did spend 30 or so minutes discussing it on his radio show, but as far as TV goes, nothing. The "History Channel", where it should have been shown, ran back to back "Pawn Stars" all day and night, save for one episode of "Swamp People".

If the feats of these brave heroes that fought so valiantly on that day of days is swept under the throw rugs of history to run back to back "Pawn Stars" then I fear we are losing our connection of who we are, where we came from and what we went through to become the greatest nation history has ever seen.

For me, I spent an hour sitting outside looking up at the stars and reflecting on what these courageous, and mostly seasick, troops faced and the horror it must have been storming the beaches under such heavy machinegun and artillery fire. I also thanked God for each and every one of them who gave their lives to keep our great country free from oppression during those dark times in our history.

May God bless our soldiers and the "Greatest Generation". Thank you for all you've selflessly done for our country for we would not be a country without you.

Rick

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Amen Rick. Is sad to see that selflessness, courage and loyalty are but mere punchlines in our "me" society.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did not see anything on local or national news. Of course, I can't watch all of them.

You gotta remember, the folks running the news are the same ones who put oduma in office.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck - Netflix didn't even make "The Longest Day" available to stream... "Those who forget the misdeeds of the past -- are most likely to repeat them" seems appropriate.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    watch out , patriotism is considered a sign of a right wing extremist these days as are Christians and gun owners.
    glad you said something Rick but we have nothing but America haters running this country from the oval office on down and a lap dog media who parties with them.
    I have no idea what is on cable TV as I cut that trash out of my life, more Tea anyone?

Top Bottom