• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Velocity

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After two and a half months of searching for new parts, I finally have everything for my new 6.5 Grendel AR. Well, everything except for the Barrel which I ordered at the beginning of March.
    I was told 4-6 weeks to make and deliver, so should be next week. Now my problem, I have purchased everything for reloading this caliber but cannot find any BRASS!

My question is if someone in the Reloading Forum would sell me a few pieces of brass. Then I could set up my dies, reload, and break in the Barrel.
    I say I cannot find any Brass, but to be honest about it I did find some on Gun Broker but I can't afford those prices. 1,000% increase.

Best Regards

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    After two and a half months of searching for new parts, I finally have everything for my new 6.5 Grendel AR. Well, everything except for the Barrel which I ordered at the beginning of March.
    I was told 4-6 weeks to make and deliver, so should be next week. Now my problem, I have purchased everything for reloading this caliber but cannot find any BRASS!

My question is if someone in the Reloading Forum would sell me a few pieces of brass. Then I could set up my dies, reload, and break in the Barrel.
    I say I cannot find any Brass, but to be honest about it I did find some on Gun Broker but I can't afford those prices. 1,000% increase.

Best Regards
    I have a piece of Grendel brass

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll call my supplier in ID tomorrow when they open. They are showing they have it in stock. Maybe some good luck then...... Let you know what I find out.

50 pc NEW PRVI Partizan
    6.5 Grendel .....................................$36.00

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Converting 7.62 AK to 6.5 g. A big difference is the 7.62 case has a strong taper and the 6.5 g has very little taper. I assume one would have to fire form the case the to get the right dimensions to get the final grendel taper. Not sure if you also have to anneal, but it sounds like a good idea. For setting loads better to find some original brass or boxer primed loaded rounds.

1618456508844.png

1618457225921.png

Velocity

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Converting 7.62 AK to 6.5 g. A big difference is the 7.62 case has a strong taper and the 6.5 g has very little taper. I assume one would have to fire form the case the to get the right dimensions to get the final grendel taper. Not sure if you also have to anneal, but it sounds like a good idea. For setting loads better to find some original brass or boxer primed loaded rounds.

View attachment 116041

View attachment 116043

FrommerStop

Thank for the info, but I did some research on Form Fitting. What I walked away with is that it's not worth all the trouble because the cases are only good for 2-3 reloads if that. Then a few were talking about the primer area. But, in a huge pinch that WILL be the final approach for me.

Magnum

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank for the info, but I did some research on Form Fitting. What I walked away with is that it's not worth all the trouble because the cases are only good for 2-3 reloads if that. Then a few were talking about the primer area. But, in a huge pinch that WILL be the final approach for me.

Magnum
    My approach was to get a cheap upper for 7.62x39 since one can always find that ammo. I purchased a couple of 6.5g cases of the russian steel case ammo, but I do not have much in premium brass load ammo.

Velocity

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My approach was to get a cheap upper for 7.62x39 since one can always find that ammo. I purchased a couple of 6.5g cases of the russian steel case ammo, but I do not have much in premium brass load ammo.
    Understand. dreamchaser69 may have a lead for me, but need to figure out how to send a PM. I did click on his name and then clicked on Start conversation. Just don't know if that is a PM.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Understand. dreamchaser69 may have a lead for me, but need to figure out how to send a PM. I did click on his name and then clicked on Start conversation. Just don't know if that is a PM.
    Sounds like a PM to me.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a box of hornady 6.5 Grendel ammo I picked up awhile back that was mixed in with 6.8 spc

Top Bottom