• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anyone has a lead on some self defense 9mm or 45 ACP like gold dots, I'd appreciate the heads up. I'm stocking up. I know not the best time to stock up for components right now. But I have the money and well, I'll have them
    Found some on line at.....
    freedommunitions
    outdoorslimited

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    9mm in stock...not cheap, but they seem to have it.
    Blazer 124 Gr.
    How much?

Trying to figure out what "non gouging" prices are. Somebody said GM didn't raise prices. Raise from what? Distributor prices all went up significantly so its understandable that retail bumped up. Just trying to determine what the current "normal" is. PSA was low 300s for a case of 9mm a few weeks back. Last week they had 556 for just over 600. Prices are changing quick.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    How much?

Trying to figure out what "non gouging" prices are. Somebody said GM didn't raise prices. Raise from what? Distributor prices all went up significantly so its understandable that retail bumped up. Just trying to determine what the current "normal" is. PSA was low 300s for a case of 9mm a few weeks back. Last week they had 556 for just over 600. Prices are changing quick.
    Price is in the link. $469.95 / 1000

Dirtysouth94

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    gulf coast gun in pace wants 20.00$ for a box of 50 for 9mm

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only ammo I've seen in months that wasnt price gouged has been at Academy. They seem to get some on Wednesdays before noon. I'd reckon it sells about as fast as they stock. Maybe you have a 30 minute window after they put it all up.

Yeah, you gotta beat the flipper turkey's who are waiting on it...
    interesting when you see employees from 3 stores waiting in a line
    for the reasonable ammo, so they can mark it up and put it on their shelves.
    Send 3-4 employees to get the max allowable...

They used to do the same thing at Walmart...paid employees to tell them when it came in.
    An hour later, you'd literally see them using their price guns & putting it on their shelves.
    Don't miss the Pensacola Jay's Guns at all after I caught 'em doing that.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, you gotta beat the flipper turkey's who are waiting on it...
    interesting when you see employees from 3 stores waiting in a line
    for the reasonable ammo, so they can mark it up and put it on their shelves.
    Send 3-4 employees to get the max allowable...

They used to do the same thing at Walmart...paid employees to tell them when it came in.
    An hour later, you'd literally see them using their price guns & putting it on their shelves.
    Don't miss the Pensacola Jay's Guns at all after I caught 'em doing that.
    Also a lot of it was on sale the next gunshow at three times the purchase price.
    Primers:
    I see that I am short of small rifle primers. I have enough to develop loads, but not for a lot of loading. But I have a lot of loaded steel case ammo on hand . I was thinking of using small pistol to reload 30 us carbine, but just read it is likely a dangerous practice since the carbine has a floating firing pin suggesting that the softer pistol primers are not a good idea.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    During one of the previous panics, I used to stop by Walmart occasionally on the way to work to check the ammo supply.
    I would see the same retired guys in line at the ammo counter waiting for the clerk to stock the shelves. Some were on the phone to their cohorts at other Walmarts. I sometimes would hit it just right but never got in line.
    I went in Academy yesterday to buy a bike for my grandson so I cruised thru the gun dept.
    I saw no handgun ammo at all, just sparsely stocked shelves of deer rifle rounds.
    There was a sign that said a limit of 5 boxes per customer except 9mm, 223 and 5.56 has a 3 box limit.
    The gun racks were equally pitiful, just a few hunting shotguns and rifles and 3 or 4 models of handguns.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    During one of the previous panics, I used to stop by Walmart occasionally on the way to work to check the ammo supply.
    I would see the same retired guys in line at the ammo counter waiting for the clerk to stock the shelves. Some were on the phone to their cohorts at other Walmarts. I sometimes would hit it just right but never got in line.
    I went in Academy yesterday to buy a bike for my grandson so I cruised thru the gun dept.
    I saw no handgun ammo at all, just sparsely stocked shelves of deer rifle rounds.
    There was a sign that said a limit of 5 boxes per customer except 9mm, 223 and 5.56 has a 3 box limit.
    The gun racks were equally pitiful, just a few hunting shotguns and rifles and 3 or 4 models of handguns.

Did you get a bike? Those are gone everywhere too. Due to everyone not being to go to the gym and an aluminum shortage, bikes are hard to get too!

Top Bottom