• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "That’s a xxxxxxx suppressor and it’s also a nfa regulated item that is not transferable between person to person."

Above quote from another thread. It's incorrect. You can transfer NFA items without a dealer within state lines but you have to file the appropriate paperwork.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "That’s a xxxxxxx suppressor and it’s also a nfa regulated item that is not transferable between person to person."

Above quote from another thread. It's incorrect. You can transfer NFA items without a dealer within state lines but you have to file the appropriate paperwork.
    What kind of paperwork and do you have to wait the year wait ?

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In the face to face in state scenario listed above, I assume the seller would have to hold onto the suppressor until the tax stamp comes back? Obviously that would require a lot of trust if dealing with a stranger.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Have you, or any other FLLs/SOTs been asked to facilitate these private transactions between two individuals, (for a fee of course)... and hold the item till they clear the check and get the new stamp?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Have you, or any other FLLs/SOTs been asked to facilitate these private transactions between two individuals, (for a fee of course)... and hold the item till they clear the check and get the new stamp?
    I've done it for people in different states.

In state doesn't make any sense because it doubles the cost and the wait time.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I've done it for people in different states.

Gotcha, ok thanks. I didn't know if you could legally "hold" an item as two people sell and act as a safe 3rd party or not, without having to put you name into the mix so to speak. That way a person has an option other than trusting a stranger till they're approved.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    would you mind explaining this...I might be thick? if you are doing a person to person transfer in state how does it double the cost?

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    would you mine explaining this...I might be thick? if you are doing a person to person transfer in state how does it double the cost?
    If you involve a SOT in state...... form 4 to the SOT from the seller.... then Form 4 to the new buyer

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    yeah...I'm thick...don't understand the reason for an SOT in a person to person transfer in state or the death transfer. The last 2 I picked up were person to person transfers and it was pretty simple really...just took 11 months each time

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    yeah...I'm thick...don't understand the reason for an SOT in a person to person transfer in state or the death transfer. The last 2 I picked up were person to person transfers and it was pretty simple really...just took 11 months each time
    Right. Sot not needed but if someone likes getting kicked in the nuts, this way they get both feet.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom