Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

STICKY PLEASE

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s a good as the bump stock letters and pistol brace letters that were included in those Items

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Can someone clarify section 6.2.4 - Law Enforcement certification - with regards to registering an SBR? Isn't this just "notification" now? Is there a different section that applies here or is that update not included here?

This speaks to trusts, but doesn't the same apply to individuals?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    No law enforcement certification anymore for individuals (certifying no local laws against ownership and they have no evidence against you). Now it’s just notifying them you are purchasing or making a NFA item with no law enforcement action needed unless law enforcement knows there’s something illegal going on. Registering a braced pistol as a SBR, you are sent a copy of the form 1 to give to local law enforcement.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    No law enforcement certification anymore for individuals (certifying no local laws against ownership and they have no evidence against you). Now it’s just notifying them you are purchasing or making a NFA item with no law enforcement action needed unless law enforcement knows there’s something illegal going on. Registering a braced pistol as a SBR, you are sent a copy of the form 1 to give to local law enforcement.
    This is where it gets confusing to me. In there FAQ page, I'm almost positive I read you don't have to notify the sheriff any longer. I cannot find what I'm looking for now. Guess I'm ignorant.
    I'm referring to pistol brace amnesty.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    In block 10 of the form 1 it states the applicant must provide a copy of the form to local law enforcement. It also contains the name and address of local law enforcement that you had to provide in filling out the form 1. ATF sends you a law enforcement copy to print and give to local law enforcement. I guarantee it’s there…I just looked at the completed form ATF sent me. I simply printed out the law enforcement copies and mailed them to the sheriff’s office with no explanation needed…it’s a gun friendly office…they’ve gotten them before.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    In block 10 of the form 1 it states the applicant must provide a copy of the form to local law enforcement. It also contains the name and address of local law enforcement that you had to provide in filling out the form 1. ATF sends you a law enforcement copy to print and give to local law enforcement. I guarantee it’s there…I just looked at the completed form ATF sent me. I simply printed out the law enforcement copies and mailed them to the sheriff’s office with no explanation needed…it’s a gun friendly office…they’ve gotten them before.
    Copy of submitted paperwork goes to sheriff, or after approval?

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Copy of submitted paperwork goes to sheriff, or after approval?
    Just the submitted and it's not even the whole paperwork, just the responsible person questionnaire and the beautiful part is the copy you get back from the ATF only has the details filled out doesn't even have all the questions you answered marked on it. I'm talking about the standard form 1 process. Maybe it's that way on purpose, but it was definitely filled out properly on eforms. This includes one I have fully approved and stamped and one in process came like this.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Instructions say "...providing a copy of the completed form...". It does not specify before or after approval. Since the form is "completed" when I've filled in all the blanks and signed it, and ATF emailed that they've accepted it with no requests for additional info or error notification, I printed and mailed the law enforcement copies to the sheriff's office then. Furthermore, the instructions to law enforcement say no action is needed unless they have "information that may disqualify this person..." and they tell law enforcement how to notify ATF in that case. Therefore it would make sense to send law enforcement their copy before ATF approves the form 1.

Email from ATF:

eforms.notifications@atf.gov <eforms.notifications@atf.gov>
    To:

Wed, Apr 5 at 3:20 PM

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
    Permit/Control No:
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 04/05/2023
    Form ID: ATF Form 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm
    Please logon to the eForms site for more details.
    If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
    for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
    for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
    for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
    for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750
    Thank you for using eForms.

Email also contained 2 pdf's as attachments. One with my copy of the form 1 (to prove, if needed, that I submitted a brace pistol registration form 1) and the law enforcement copy. The 2nd, a cover letter with my name and control number to either mail with fingerprint cards (if needed) or that they'd received my fingerprints in digital format (how I submitted mine).

NOTE: I tried to copy and paste the applicable portions of the pdf's for all to read, but they kept coming out screwy.

Last edited:

olliges74

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just the submitted and it's not even the whole paperwork, just the responsible person questionnaire and the beautiful part is the copy you get back from the ATF only has the details filled out doesn't even have all the questions you answered marked on it. I'm talking about the standard form 1 process. Maybe it's that way on purpose, but it was definitely filled out properly on eforms. This includes one I have fully approved and stamped and one in process came like this.
    IDK, At the same time that I filled out all the forms and did my own fingerprints on cards I got online and a photo to the ATF, I just printed out the relevant forms, signed them and physically dropped them off @ my local Sherriff's office, all good.

Top Bottom