Patriot Mobile

Next show 2nd and 3rd Fort Walton any good for private sell/pickups/trades?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Fact, noticed that one too.

Still back my previous post but that takes some work so it is what it is.
    I never even went to Jay's tables this time, and I found all manner of good deals. I'm convinced that nobody wants to take the time to look. An example from this show is a half price $400 Columbian Mauser in 30-06 (super rare and half price) on a private table. I drooled over it and thought about it but did not buy. Because I spent all my money on a whole pile of used half price optics, mounts, mag pouches and training manuals, etc. HALF PRICE. I'm going to especially love my new half price nice rich full grain harness leather Serbian submachine gun mag pouches that fit my Glock 33 rounders, and my new super uber rare Romanian PSL mag pouch that will fit my 38 round SKS mags perfectly. The red dot is a $50 Bushnell, a real bargain compared to a Sig Romeo, Aimpoint, Eotech, etc. A red dot at 1x is a red dot same as the next red dot. Why people pay hundreds of dollars for one I'll never know! If you're not running NVG's or swimming with it then it don't matter. Oh also can't forget seeing the mint $800 SKS Paratrooper and a couple of spare SKS wood stocks and a half price $200 FAB Defense C308/HK folding collapsible stock. Deals were all around. Oh almost forgot about Alan's table with like a 100 field manuals and other books. $5 a piece on those during the day, and that was a steal and I picked up quite a few... but at the end of the show he was begging me to take the whole table of books for only $100! Just gotta be willing to spend the time and get to know people. Plenty of deals, just not on AR's. I had a great time at the Ft Walton show. Gotta spend the time and go digging, that's all! I spent all day there Sunday, open to close, elbow deep in every box, case and pile
    20220401_141932.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-230707_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-220356_Messages.jpg
      Screenshot_20220404-220356_Messages.jpg
      424.2 KB · Views: 85
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jay got tired of scumbag low lifes stealing mags and parts off of his guns. He has so much he cant watch it all so the mesh forces customers and thieves to ask first before handling. Protects his investment. Keeps kids booger pickers off of the finer items. Etc.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    missing out
    You just gotta know Jay. He's in it for the fun of it now, having already made a pile of money doing the same shows for over 20 years. He got started for the fun of it and he enjoys himself. It's not all about the money with him. It's a family business grown out of a hobby. He got started just walking around the shows with guns just like you and me. He works the shows with family. Can't boss around somebody in their own house. The shows are his life, his home away from home. His hang out, day in and day out. He's laid back and his family are laid back because you might as well be in his living room. I'm not ashamed to call him and his family friends and I'll tell anybody that asks that yes I've spent a small fortune with him and got serious deals

Last edited:

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never even went to Jay's tables this time, and I found all manner of good deals. I'm convinced that nobody wants to take the time to look. An example from this show is a half price $400 Columbian Mauser in 30-06 (super rare and half price) on a private table. I drooled over it and thought about it but did not buy. Because I spent all my money on a whole pile of used half price optics, mounts, mag pouches and training manuals, etc. HALF PRICE. I'm going to especially love my new half price nice rich full grain harness leather Serbian submachine gun mag pouches that fit my Glock 33 rounders, and my new super uber rare Romanian PSL mag pouch that will fit my 38 round SKS mags perfectly. The red dot is a $50 Bushnell, a real bargain compared to a Sig Romeo, Aimpoint, Eotech, etc. A red dot at 1x is a red dot same as the next red dot. Why people pay hundreds of dollars for one I'll never know! If you're not running NVG's or swimming with it then it don't matter. Oh also can't forget the mint $800 SKS Paratrooper and a couple of spare SKS wood stocks and a half price $200 FAB Defense C308/HK folding collapsible stock. Deals were all around. Oh almost forgot about Alan's table with like a 100 field manuals and other books. $5 a piece on those during the day, and that was a steal and I picked up quiet a few... but at the end of the show he was begging me to take the whole table for $100. Just gotta be willing to spend the time and get to know people. Plenty of deals, just not on AR's. I had a great time at the Ft Walton show. Gotta spend the time and go digging, that's all! I spent all day there Sunday, open to close, elbow deep in every box, case and pile
    I'm glad you had a good time. ;)

As far as the Red Dots, you get what you pay for. Sig Romeo has excellent reviews, the cheaper stuff not so much.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

As far as the Red Dots, you get what you pay for. Sig Romeo has excellent reviews, the cheaper stuff not so much.
    I've got a Romeo5 and had others in the past too. I want something to beat on mercilessly for a real service rifle

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The Bushnell trs25 I'll back it's durability. It's made its way on more than a few of my rifles over the years and now is hanging out on my 500 s&w handi rifle and it holds up.
    Pretty sure I actually saw the one he nought. I bought some mini14 mags from the same table if so.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The Bushnell trs25 I'll back it's durability. It's made its way on more than a few of my rifles over the years and now is hanging out on my 500 s&w handi rifle and it holds up.
    Pretty sure I actually saw the one he nought. I bought some mini14 mags from the same table if so.
    Was the one you saw at the Ft Walton show like this one? That's the spitting image of the one I got at the show (pictured below) and he had a bunch of mags and handguards too. Mine is elsewhere right now or else I'd post a good picture of it. My latest Sub2000 came with a similar Bushnell (if not the same model) and I’ve gotten to where I prefer the Bushnell ergonomics over my Romeo5 that came on my latest FX9. The Bushnell has numbered instant power level recognition and the large power level selector knob is easier with gloves and reduced dexterity. Win win win and like 20-30% the cost of a Romeo
    Screenshot_20220403-123914_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    They used to build this one too. Had it on my 450b pistol, now moved to my 10mm. Still going! Small and very compact. Best bang for the $$

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-235041_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20220404-235041_Samsung Internet.jpg
      164.1 KB · Views: 93

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Was the one you saw at the Ft Walton show like this one? That's the spitting image of the one I got at the show (pictured below) and he had a bunch of mags and handguards too. Mine is elsewhere right now or else I'd post a good picture of it. My latest Sub2000 came with a similar Bushnell (if not the same model) and I’ve gotten to where I prefer the Bushnell ergonomics over my Romeo5 that came on my latest FX9. The Bushnell has numbered instant power level recognition and the large power level selector knob is easier with gloves and reduced dexterity. Win win win and like 20-30% the cost of a Romeo View attachment 160028
    That's the one. It's the same as the one on my 500 handi rifle

Mongo463

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The FWB gun show has certainly gone downhill within the past few years. Higher entry fees, table fees doubled, and the "wicked witch" policing vendors and anyone carrying a "for sale" sign (she loudly accosted me demanding that I put my sign away when I was relaxing and eating at the snack bar. I ignored her).
    One can occasionally find good deals, and the small time sellers are pretty decent folks.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The FWB gun show has certainly gone downhill within the past few years. Higher entry fees, table fees doubled, and the "wicked witch" policing vendors and anyone carrying a "for sale" sign (she loudly accosted me demanding that I put my sign away when I was relaxing and eating at the snack bar. I ignored her).
    One can occasionally find good deals, and the small time sellers are pretty decent folks.
    Yep she threatened to have me removed and my vendor buddies banned from renting tables, because I was buying from other vendors while wearing a vendor badge. She tried to say I was stealing her entry fee by me being a customer with a free entrance vendor badge, nevermind the fact we had a couple hundred bucks worth of tables. Talk about over the top micro-managing. And to keep the peace (and our already paid for tables) we smiled and nodded and let her keep her power trip

Top Bottom