HD Tactical

Next show 2nd and 3rd Fort Walton any good for private sell/pickups/trades?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Trying to figure out who's coming and where's the best way or place to look for private sells coming? Meet before or after Fort Walton gun show for those personally selling? I don't know where to put it in the forum and proper etiquette? I guess I can sit in the car outside and wait until I see people heading in with bags. Ha Joking aside I'd bother me to go in buy from some bigger brand FFL when locals or out of town are coming with trades sales anyway....

Any advice appreciated and if you have
    *something for sale and coming anyway shoot me a DM tired of scalpers beating me to it. Guess that's what the show is for by time I make it all the good stuff will be gone*!!

I'd like to get the most out of it it's the closest to me and honestly the drive to Pcola show wasn't worth it the best experience was actually members anyway ha

Thanks in advance and delete if not allowed? I just want the best experience and if that's skipping and saving time, money and pain! By all means forewarn me if that's the case.

Last edited:

nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well I tried I might see some of you guys this weekend ha
    Thanks for the few that reached out !

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lack of response says enough, I'll back you on that.

The gun shows here suck, that is a fact. Seen MUCH better at other places out of state where I was stationed. This is pure greed here, not for the hobby. Money hungry people who will get their kharma.

Just keep tabs here in the forum and deals pop up. I have met some good people here and we have done great deals, you won't get any kind of heads up with what you asked because that affects someone trying to make every last cent they can. Pitiful.

nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lack of response says enough, I'll back you on that.

The gun shows here suck, that is a fact. Seen MUCH better at other places out of state where I was stationed. This is pure greed here, not for the hobby. Money hungry people who will get their kharma.

Just keep tabs here in the forum and deals pop up. I have met some good people here and we have done great deals, you won't get any kind of heads up with what you asked because that affects someone trying to make every last cent they can. Pitiful.
    I look through the BST and even posted a WTB and I have to agree it seems I didn't want to waste my time at another overpriced underdelivered show. I was just hoping for a 300 Blackout/small 9mil conceal/and a sub2k or 9AR but there's some sales going on atm. So I guess I'll save the time and money and just BNIB online?

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my opinion the gun shows have become only something to do if you want to get out of the house. If you want to buy some beef jerky, or a holster, or some monarch ammo priced 2x what academy has it for then it's the place to be;)

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I look through the BST and even posted a WTB and I have to agree it seems I didn't want to waste my time at another overpriced underdelivered show. I was just hoping for a 300 Blackout/small 9mil conceal/and a sub2k or 9AR but there's some sales going on atm. So I guess I'll save the time and money and just BNIB online?
    Exactly. Buy new online or watch here.

Going to a gunshow you're dealing with the markup because of the table fee and somehow around here it seems there is this second hand owner fee that's added. If someone owns something, uses it, doesn't even clean it, it gains value..I have yet to figure that out.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All of the major shows in the area are put on by one company and they keep going up on their prices.
    It’s no surprise that there aren’t many deals when the vendors are paying high tables fees plus, for some, lodging and meals.
    When I do go to a show, which isn’t often, I’m hoping to catch a guy walking around selling or possibly a local guy with one or two tables selling something I want.
    I like the homegrown shows like the Milton one or the Hadji Temple.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All of the major shows in the area are put on by one company and they keep going up on their prices.
    So here's this thought..

Boycott that crap company and any of the shows, more than enough of us in this group let alone people we all know who aren't in this forum. Some of you all have been here long enough to know people who actually work at the places where the shows are held, make contact with them see what it would cost to rent out the place for the weekend, get that locked in, setup the table fee from there instead of some turd company trying to monopolize this and that cuts their grimy hands out of the profit margin.

Easier said than done but this is local area stuff and can definitely be done. Yea I know there is 4473's and all that filled out there so there's the logistics behind that, maybe that is what the company does and has the legalities for it?

I've never managed a gun show so I'm sure I'm missing something, but I've organized events, made phone calls, etc. One company running this is why they are crap.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sent you a PM

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just go to other shows. Do not be tied to a location.
    There are cool shows all over this country.

Setting up a show can be a large pain because someone or some entity has to sign their name on the facilities rental contract.

That party will have to have (or should have) liability insurance for the event. If an ugly happens then that party could be liable.

nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So overall I spent too much money but met great members! Honestly both shows it was about the connections. I honestly don't even bother looking at Jay's or any of the other big ffls I try to stick only too the smaller boothd and vendors and that's exactly who I bought from.

I'd rather help the small business out then make the bigger guys more money! It's typically not much of a difference and a lot of times the smaller guys will work a deal and the bigger booths are these are the prices deal with it. So I choose not to...

Someone walking out today said I still can't believe they charged us for 1 hour left and I kind of have to agree with that I think that the last couple hours should be at least a walk through... If you end up purchasing something then pay the 10 bucks have them check stamps/bags as they walk out the door something along those lines would make a lot more sense. Feels like a family of three or four so That's 30 to 40 bucks that they spent and we're in and out within 40 minutes with no purchases.

@ls1_guru has the right idea get a show that's local smaller shops or stores and to be honest I haven't seen some I expected to at either show. Could be the organization or perhaps they don't want to compete with the bigger shops that cover 1/3-1/2 of the entire event not including the 1/4th maybe of random booths not even firearm related.

I'd rather pay 15-20etc and have smaller local And private sellers hustling because I can relate for my other hobby I'm a small out of home shop and can't afford to compete with the huge booths or costs so I skip them let alone travel costs..

Just my takeaway and experience, each have their own views and opinions, which I respect. I think I will just continue to meet members and I'll find my niche.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just go to other shows. Do not be tied to a location.
    There are cool shows all over this country.

Setting up a show can be a large pain because someone or some entity has to sign their name on the facilities rental contract.

That party will have to have (or should have) liability insurance for the event. If an ugly happens then that party could be liable.
    Yup that insurance was in my thoughts too, why I wonder the logistics to this.

To the first part, depending on what state you are a resident of you are limited on buying firearms in other states directly, shipping to local FFL is an option if that can be worked out.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup that insurance was in my thoughts too, why I wonder the logistics to this.

To the first part, depending on what state you are a resident of you are limited on buying firearms in other states directly, shipping to local FFL is an option if that can be worked out.
    I have never had an issue buying a firearm in another state and being able to get it home legally. Handguns usually require shipping. Long guns a piece of cake.

I.E
    I just purchase a very large long gun in the state of Ohio. Did the FFL check from a local dealer and right now as I type I am bringing it home.

nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What one was this weekend, FWB Fair Grounds? Quick google search brought me to this here which is a different "promoter" from the looks.

The admission had me laughing honestly, pathetic.

FWB fairgrounds. It was Jay's and like two other large FFLs
    What the hell is with the mesh over all the firearms that are all locked together anyway lol

Like don't touch or look at firearms until 1 of the couple of people BSing alot of the time decide to come over ha there's no salesmanship or rapport. I was surprised to hear can I help you, or help you find something a few times.

That I find funny because being in sales most of my adult life they're relying on foottraffic and selection rather than quality experience and knowledge. Again I prefer the smaller guys they know what they have and even if you're not buying that moment doesn't stop them from educating and building a rapport. Day goes by faster if you interact and have fun with people!

They're also missing out on probably 50% of buyers because of this if not more. They're loss, not my business not my problem. Probably should invest in some training imho

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not a fan of them, and you're not the only one to say they have crap customer service. Not a place that has or will get my money.

nefarious

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not a fan of them, and you're not the only one to say they have crap customer service. Not a place that has or will get my money.
    Just for the bigger FFLs
    I found that the smaller or personal booths both friendly customer oriented just to make that clear. I also dress down for these events on purpuse. I want to be treated as anyone would or even someone who doesn't look like a serious buyer or has no money. Not that I'm rich but if I'm there I don't typically spend money to window shop.. there's free things to do instead..

Top Bottom