• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Bold talk. ;) Must have "True Grit". Sorry I couldn't help myself. I never grow tired watching this classic scene.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    You mean with Jeff Bridges as Rooster? I liked it okay, but hey it's a classic western. I didn't like that Mattie lost her arm after the snake bite. However, if I were to be asked to choose between them, I'd choose John Wayne hands down. I don't know if the Duke did the actual jump, but I love to watch him jump the four rail fence at the end.
    What did ya think of the new one? I liked it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    You mean with Jeff Bridges as Rooster? I liked it okay, but hey it's a classic western. I didn't like that Mattie lost her arm after the snake bite. However, if I were to be asked to choose between them, I'd choose John Wayne hands down. I don't know if the Duke did the actual jump, but I love to watch him jump the four rail fence at the end.
    I think the new one stayef true to the written orginal story. I like them both. Thought the acting in the new one was good too.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I remember once when I was tearing apart a tower stand that was old and had been damaged in bad weather. I wanted to reuse the 4X4 legs. I was beating it apart with a sledge and throwing materials into a utility trailer. Lots of banging going on. I looked up and deer were coming out of the pines into the road about 200 yards from me from each side of the road. After several loads thrown into the trailer and the banging with the sledge, they started walking to me. Same property the next year they select cut the timber and the loggers barely got out of the woods before I was able to shoot deer...once I had to make sure they were gone completely...had to pass on the first few. I wouldn't worry too much if you have resources that will hold them.

Top Bottom