• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    Good morning. I recently moved into the Milton, FL area after accepting a job in FWB. I relocated from Las Vegas, NV and have been trying to get to Florida for many years. I retired from the Army in 2022 and due to a difficult job search settled in Las Vegas, but nothing developed in the job market and I was able to find employment in Fort Walton Beach. My wife and I have always loved the South and wanted to move to a smaller town in Florida due to the generous benefits for retirees. I am a staunch support for the 2A and enjoy all disciplines of shooting.

Thanks for accepting my request to join the board.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Welcome from Bagdad, going from 8% humidity to 80+% humidity will take a little getting used to.
    Also, find out which of your neighbors has lived here the longest, if any of them has been here 12+ years , check with them of what to do during storm {hurricane} season.
    And as Rviray said, just ask.
    US Army ? MOS , last duty station ?

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    Welcome from Bagdad, going from 8% humidity to 80+% humidity will take a little getting used to.
    Also, find out which of your neighbors has lived here the longest, if any of them has been here 12+ years , check with them of what to do during storm {hurricane} season.
    And as Rviray said, just ask.
    US Army ? MOS , last duty station ?
    I almost partook in the the Hurricane Eve festivities and placed out a blue tarp, flashlight, and candles on the door step. I am returning to the South after being away since 2016. The Army allowed me to live in NC for about 10 years and my family enjoyed it much more than living in our hometown of Las Vegas. My wife and I have attempted to return for a while and it finally happened. I retired out of Fort Huachuca, in AZ. That was a great small town, but the overflow of illegals through the border and restrictive hunting. Hunting was a fund raiser for the feather and fins department. I retired as a 25X.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    glad you made it down! i'm over in Pace and as stated above, reach out if you got questions. we relocated from Columbus GA almost 6yrs ago and Pace has been good to us... except for the crazy growth that drove home prices through the dang roof when we were trying to buy!

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    glad you made it down! i'm over in Pace and as stated above, reach out if you got questions. we relocated from Columbus GA almost 6yrs ago and Pace has been good to us... except for the crazy growth that drove home prices through the dang roof when we were trying to buy!
    I would have thought things would be a lot better here than in Las Vegas, but seems the County Commission isn't as good as I had hoped.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I would have thought things would be a lot better here than in Las Vegas, but seems the County Commission isn't as good as I had hoped.
    understatement of the year buddy! welcome just the same...

USMC0211

Expert
    Welcome, retired Marine here and moved from PA about 6 +Years ago. In those 6 years we have livedin Fleming Island, Jacksonville, Mary Ester and bought a house in Milton. You picked a good town. I went to school in Vegas while living in Bullhead City, as others will say Humidity will get ya but you can get used to it ( I keep telling myself that). Reach out if you have any question or just need a shooting buddy/spotter at a local range.

rwq

Shooter
    Welcome to Milton lived here all my life 46 years !! Love the fishing and hunting and the people ain't to bad lmao ...

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    What are these "generous benefits for retirees"????
    Compared to Las Vegas, they are pretty good. Property tax, registration of a vehicle, hunting and fishing license, and a whole lot more that I haven't learned about yet. I know they have educational benefits too. Anything is better than Las Vegas, which use to be an awesome place to live.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    i am a milton native, back here to take care of aging parents after years traveling the world for uncle sugar. and i gotta ask...why milton???

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    i am a milton native, back here to take care of aging parents after years traveling the world for uncle sugar. and i gotta ask...why milton???
    I found a job near Fort Walton Beach and only have to drive in about two days a week. I lived in the south for about 10 years and enjoy the smaller town and rural like living. I also wanted a house on a bit bigger property. FWB is full, Destin is too expensive. Gulf Breeze and Navarre are too close to the coast and insurance costs are way higher. I like that I am close enough to the beach yet far enough away that I don't get all of the salt spray that can affect so many things. I'm also closer to outdoor ranges from here. There are many reasons I chose Milton over all the surrounding areas.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom