• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just moved to Panama City area from Colorado. Been lurking for a while and the forums have been useful in trying to get familiar with shooting in the Gulf Coast area. Great information, thank you. Looking forward to contributing as I can.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Welcome from the coast of Alabama. Hope you're liking things. And yeah I'm kind of new here also. But fit in fine so far.. kinda lol. Nice bunch of folks. They have some neat toys also

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just moved to Panama City area from Colorado. Been lurking for a while and the forums have been useful in trying to get familiar with shooting in the Gulf Coast area. Great information, thank you. Looking forward to contributing as I can.
    What part of Colorado? I was domiciled there 'fer a spell'.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Welcome to Florida. I've always wanted to go to the outdoor skills schools in Boulder. Do you have any experience with them? I've spent several years on active duty in Southern California and another 5 years in exile in Maine. Colorado and NW of there is the one corner I haven't been to yet. Closest I've gotten there is St. Louis

Last edited:

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What part of Colorado? I was domiciled there 'fer a spell'.
    We were in Colorado Springs.

Welcome to Flah-- Duh.
    What brings you from Col-o-rado ?? --- SAWMAN
    Let's just say we started calling it The Peoples Republic of Colorado. My wife is from FL originally and we vacation here just about every year. I work remote and so it just seemed like a good time to make the move with the housing market in CO. Still getting use to the heat and humidity here but I'll get there.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Welcome to Florida. I've always wanted to go to the outdoor skills schools in Boulder. Do you have any experience with them? I've spent several years on active duty in Southern California and another 5 years in exile in Maine. Colorado and NW of there is the one corner I haven't been to yet. Closest I've gotten there is St. Louis
    Thank you. Sorry, no experience with them. My outdoor skills just came from a lot of hiking with the family; we hiked Pikes Peak a few times over the years and some of the Grand Canyon and a lot of local trails. It was a lot of fun. I have friends that are trying to summit all of the CO 14ers but I never got into that. I was happy always being close enough to get out and hike in a matter of minutes.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    We were in Colorado Springs.

Let's just say we started calling it The Peoples Republic of Colorado. My wife is from FL originally and we vacation here just about every year. I work remote and so it just seemed like a good time to make the move with the housing market in CO. Still getting use to the heat and humidity here but I'll get there.
    Colorado Springs is a nice area. I have been there a couple times. My wife and I were out there in 2000 for a week. We rode horses in the Garden of the Gods, rode the Cog Railway up to Pikes Peak, toured the Cave of the Winds, went top Seven Falls (2nd time for me), went over to the Royal Gorge, and made a side trip to Cotopaxi to visit her sister and brother-in-law. Anyhow, again, welcome to Florida. I am not a native, but I have been here since 1966.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Colorado Springs is a nice area. I have been there a couple times. My wife and I were out there in 2000 for a week. We rode horses in the Garden of the Gods, rode the Cog Railway up to Pikes Peak, toured the Cave of the Winds, went top Seven Falls (2nd time for me), went over to the Royal Gorge, and made a side trip to Cotopaxi to visit her sister and brother-in-law. Anyhow, again, welcome to Florida. I am not a native, but I have been here since 1966.
    Thank you. Yes, we love the COS area, and Colorado in general. Could not beat the mountains or the weather, even winter. It would snow and then the sun would come out like it was summer which really helped the mental aspect. We would not have left except it was starting to feel like everything was closing in around us. Similar to California, Colorado is run by the two most populous areas, Denver & Boulder, and the rest of the state is just about the opposite. We were seeing more people moving to our area from Denver and even California for that matter. Anyway, thank you for the welcome!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thank you. Yes, we love the COS area, and Colorado in general. Could not beat the mountains or the weather, even winter. It would snow and then the sun would come out like it was summer which really helped the mental aspect. We would not have left except it was starting to feel like everything was closing in around us. Similar to California, Colorado is run by the two most populous areas, Denver & Boulder, and the rest of the state is just about the opposite. We were seeing more people moving to our area from Denver and even California for that matter. Anyway, thank you for the welcome!

It is pretty sad when a state has gone the way of Colorado. I could not live there the way it is either.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Raven, were you stationed in Maine? I spent 5 years there in the 80's stationed there at Brunswick, ME. I was in VP-23 Seahawks. I loved the P-3's!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Raven, were you stationed in Maine? I spent 5 years there in the 80's stationed there at Brunswick, ME. I was in VP-23 Seahawks. I loved the P-3's!
    I got dragged to Brunswick for family matters. I saw the P-3 at the front gate on a daily basis. Very impressive. Base was closed by the time I got there

Reactions: Ron
    Top Bottom