HD Tactical

New rules for Pistols and serialized uppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK give me the skinny, are they going to serialize uppers and parts, how do I sell my uppers? Are pistols 10.5" specifically with a brace going to have to be SPR'd? What is all that going to do to prices> I am going to sell most of what I have, should I wait to get more or do it now? Wife does not want to deal with it after I am gone, I am not hunting so need to make a plan, pre estate planning

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good questions Frank. I'm not up on the upper serializing (1st I've heard), but it would be Ludicrous to try and implement that since there are a gazillion in use and gazillion more on shelves to be sold.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if they make all parts ffl parts. But that'd be stupid too.
    What is it, 2 more years? :mad:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Good questions Frank. I'm not up on the upper serializing (1st I've heard), but it would be Ludicrous to try and implement that since there are a gazillion in use and gazillion more on shelves to be sold.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if they make all parts ffl parts. But that'd be stupid too.
    What is it, 2 more years? :mad:
    10 you forgot the "Harris Administration" coming soon.... and ghost uppers!!!

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    still have no clue, anyone?
    Last I heard, uppers were not going to be serialized, but all "ghost gun" receivers (80%s and such) were going under new regs. Pistol braces are also supposed to be getting a new rule this summer.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The precedent was set a few years ago when the AFT went largely unchallenged by the manufacturers, NRA and FFL's after the AFT demanded that all the 50 cal AR uppers be returned to dealers and serialized. Only a matter of time before that is extended to all AR's

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The precedent was set a few years ago when the AFT went largely unchallenged by the manufacturers, NRA and FFL's after the AFT demanded that all the 50 cal AR uppers be returned to dealers and serialized. Only a matter of time before that is extended to all AR's
    See that makes no sense. Also makes me want one.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    When did this happen? I never heard of it before. 50 Cal including Beowulf?

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From what I gather, if the jig doesn't ship with the block of metal you are legal.
    This will make it crystal clear for everyone..... o_O

“ATF has maintained and continues to maintain that a partially complete frame or receiver alone is not a frame or receiver if it still requires performance of certain machining operations (e.g., milling out the fire control cavity of an AR-15 billet or blank, or indexing for that operation) because it may not readily be completed to house or hold the applicable fire control components,” the agency said in the rule.

However: “A partially complete billet or blank of a frame or receiver is a ‘frame or receiver’ when it is sold, distributed, or possessed with a compatible jig or template, allowing a person using online instructions and common hand tools to complete the frame or receiver efficiently, quickly, and easily ‘to function as a frame or receiver,” the ATF clarifies.

The rule redefines a handgun “frame” as “the housing or structure for the primary energized component designed to hold back the hammer, striker, bolt, or similar component prior to initiation of the firing sequence (i.e., sear or equivalent).” It also redefines rifle “receiver” as “the housing or structure for the primary component designed to block or seal the breech prior to initiation of the firing sequence (i.e., bolt, breechblock, or equivalent).”

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK give me the skinny, are they going to serialize uppers and parts, how do I sell my uppers? Are pistols 10.5" specifically with a brace going to have to be SPR'd? What is all that going to do to prices> I am going to sell most of what I have, should I wait to get more or do it now? Wife does not want to deal with it after I am gone, I am not hunting so need to make a plan, pre estate planning
    Just tell your wife to get ahold of me after you're gone. I'll help her get rid of all those nasty guns.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    allowing a person using online instructions and common hand tools to complete the frame or receiver efficiently, quickly, and easily ‘to function as a frame or receiver,

Do you think they've ever actually seen anyone complete an 80%?

are they going to serialize uppers and parts

They've talked about doing it to virtually any significant part. Trigger groups were already hit back in the auto sear days, so you can't argue that one well either, other than the idiocy and illegality angle, neither of which makes any difference to those doofs.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    $100,000 for a working transferable Class3 Thompson in good shape right now... just you wait and see what a working transferable AR will be worth in 40 years. Was almost 40 years ago the NRA sold us out on Class3 new rules. They'll do it again

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    $100,000 for a working transferable Class3 Thompson in good shape right now... just you wait and see what a working transferable AR will be worth in 40 years. Was almost 40 years ago the NRA sold us out on Class3 new rules. They'll do it again
    Current pricing on full auto AR or mp5 is 25-35k for a trigger pack./lower Wild stuff.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Honestly, I give zero fucks about their new rules.

Hopefully the SCOTUS beat down of the EPA and it's 'rulemaking' bullshit trickles over to BATFEEEEE and clips their nutz.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Honestly, I give zero fucks about their new rules.

Hopefully the SCOTUS beat down of the EPA and it's 'rulemaking' bullshit trickles over to BATFEEEEE and clips their nutz.
    So you're ok sitting in prison? I don't like it either but I'm not being locked up.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom