• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimh1626

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am an older gentleman, and have had a gun all my life. Shotgun, 22 rifle and 25 semi pistol. I am retired but do Uber to supplement. I'm not as physically able as I used to be, so I took the concealed carry class at pensacola indoor shooting range and am going to get a S&W 9mm M&P shield. Figured if I needed to use it I need something with a little more stopping power than a 25. God willing I will never need it, but better safe than sorry. I never know whom I have in my car at 2, 3, 4 o'clock in the morning.
    Any suggestions on where to purchase appreciated. I was thinking of waiting until the gun show on the 16th and 17th.
    Thanks for accepting me.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    You are usually going to find your best deal online at places like Grabagun. Palmetto State Armory or Kentucky Gun Company.
    But Mike’s on Hwy 29 has the Shield on sale right now for $350. That’s a good price these days. You should go Monday morning though.
    Things sell out fast.
    Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Welcome to the forums. Good people here. I would call all of the local gun stores and buy it where you find it. If you can't find it locally you might want to try Crestview. Styx River in Spanish Fort would be a good place to try also. If you live in FL they will ship to Buck and Bass for a $35.00 transfer fee. If none of that works check the upcoming gun show. It will probably be crowded though with Uncle Joe about to take office and everyone getting what they can while they can. I wouldn't worry about price, if you find what you want...get it. If you don't, someone else will. Added, Yes, get to Mikes first thing Monday morning and buy that thing while they have it. Then comes the fun part....searching for ammo.

Jimh1626

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You are usually going to find your best deal online at places like Grabagun. Palmetto State Armory or Kentucky Gun Company.
    But Mike’s on Hwy 29 has the Shield on sale right now for $350. That’s a good price these days. You should go Monday morning though.
    Things sell out fast.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks, I will be there Monday morning.
    Things sell out fast.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you. I will be there Monday morning.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum sir.
    Most here are willing to help you find what you need for self/family protection.
    I have expierance with 9mm's but do not currently own any or the ammo. --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the forum from Baker
    Good luck with finding what you need. The price of ammunition is outrageous now but it looks like it will not be coming down for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimh1626

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good luck with finding what you need. The price of ammunition is outrageous now but it looks like it will not be coming down for a while

The price isn't the problem, finding them is. Hopefully I should be able to get enough to practice a little bit with sometime this month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom