• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andronicus54

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I remember growing up in Panama City in the '50's. Lynn Haven was almost in the country. There is a statue of a Union soldier in a park in the middle of town. All these years later I haven't heard of any protests or demands to remove it....it's just history. Welcome to our little corner of the
    world.
    I live about 4 blocks from that statue. The soldier is facing north. Lynn Haven was settled by retired Union soldiers. It's a good place to live.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live about 4 blocks from that statue. The soldier is facing north. Lynn Haven was settled by retired Union soldiers. It's a good place to live.
    Lore has it that the direction a statue is facing has a meaning. It is said the statue faces the enemy. In Pensacola, the statue that was so unceremoniously removed faced south. Hysterics complained it had it's back turned on the North. Actually, it faced the "enemy" who were across the bay, at Ft. Pickens and Ft. Mcree, on Santa Rosa Island. Bad times...still history.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    We always said "kokoller" and "kolbeer" and had a rifle rack, a dog box, and a CB "antanner" on a well used "Merican" pickup truck. Usually that would initiate a friendly wave from a friend you had never met.
    Up until the late ‘90s, first thing I did when I got a new truck was put in a rifle rack and CB, and of course an intercom speaker under the hood.
    I guess crime put an end to the rifle racks and cell phones and portable radios decreased the popularity of CBs.
    I am originally from PC but went off to college in 1976.
    It was sure nice in the ‘60s and ‘70s.
    Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom