Patriot Mobile

New member, here to find protection for myself and my daughter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Honney

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    whichever gun decided on, i would recommend getting two exactly the same for each of you., with some speedloaders

a .357 with a 3"-4" barrel would be a good choice. then for practice, use .38spec ammo, but try out the .357 also in practice, to be used to the higher recoil & noise.

smith & wesson, taurus, rossi, there are several names, the first smith will be the highest cost..
    The advice on two of the same firearms is exactly the route I wanna take, that's a wonderful idea!!!!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The advice on two of the same firearms is exactly the route I wanna take, that's a wonderful idea!!!!
    If you decide to buy these multiple similar handguns from an FFL store then don't buy them together. When I worked the gun counter at a pawn shop they were reporting to the ATF everybody who bought more than one handgun in a two week period. And not telling the customer, of course, because they wanted the money

Honney

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you decide to buy these multiple similar handguns from an FFL store then don't buy them together. When I worked the gun counter at a pawn shop they were reporting to the ATF everybody who bought more than one handgun in a two week period. And not telling the customer, of course, because they wanted the money
    Are we not allowed to buy multiple firearms in a 2 weeks span of time?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't mentioned these here yet but if you can't wait for the money it's better to start with different less expensive guns. Many guns just can't be bought right now nor can ammo.

A couple that haven't been mentioned yet. Keep in mind ammo prices right now should have a big choice in what you buy. 9mm is once again readily available and not too high in price. .357, .38 special and several others you just can't even find right now and would cost you a bunch to practice with for a complete new person like your daughter.

I highly suggest a 9mm to learn shooting with mainly because of the price.

I have a Ruger LC9S. It's 9mm, smallish pistol size (I can front pocket carry it) with a pretty good knockdown punch since it's a 9mm. You could buy regular ammo for cheap practice now and buy some "defense" higher power rounds to fill the gun when you carry it. The LC9S has even been in stock some lately through RKGuns, a Florida retailer.

The Ruger EC9S is essential the same gun but DOES NOT have any safety. You may not want a gun with no safety. The gun is still pretty darn safe to carry as it's a striker fired gun and can not fire unless the trigger is pulled. When a gun is in a holster it's hard pull the trigger. Always carry a gun in a holster no matter how you carry it. The Uncle Mikes soft holster works great for pocket carry.

Another excellent small concealable gun for you both would be the Ruger LCP in .380ACP Not the newer LCP2 but the original LCP can be had today for $215 from RKGuns. This gun has even been in stock at Academy on Davis highway lately for $249. The newer model (and the LC9S) do have a much better trigger.

I hope you know a .380ACP is not a 38 special. A .380ACP will not knock anyone off the floor but beats nothing. The downside is like 38 special .380 ACP ammo is hard to find now.

I carry 90% of the time when I'm out and I carry a Keltec P32 but it's the same physical size as the LCP which I wish I would have bought.
    My wife and I each have an EC9S. They both have safeties.

Members online

Top Bottom