• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New here from from PFF. Name is Jeff, I'm in Pensacola. Originally from Alaska, been a transplant here for almost ten years thanks to the Navy. Started getting back into guns and eventually hunting lately, although this type of deer hunting is foreign to me.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New here from from PFF. Name is Jeff, I'm in Pensacola. Originally from Alaska, been a transplant here for almost ten years thanks to the Navy. Started getting back into guns and eventually hunting lately, although this type of deer hunting is foreign to me.

Welcome Jeff! Alaska eyh? My wife and I are sold on the 'Buying Alaska' show and want to get a cabin, will have to pick your brain about where to move to.
    This forum is a great group of people- Take it easy- Clay

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome Jeff! Alaska eyh? My wife and I are sold on the 'Buying Alaska' show and want to get a cabin, will have to pick your brain about where to move to.
    This forum is a great group of people- Take it easy- Clay

Yeah, I was back there for a couple weeks last summer....It was nice, some things have changed but much is the same. Lots of space to lose yourself, which is what alot of people are trying to do there. You'll run into some "unique" people up there. I'll have to post some pics of my hometown later when I'm at home.

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The river pic is from my home, Eagle. The glacier is on the way there, and the moose is next to my dads house in Wasilla.

River.jpg

Glacier.jpg

Moose.jpg

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn man, that's gorgeous! Real estate is dirt cheap in the rural areas, I need to get out there an explore...airfare must be a mother

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is expensive to fly...and you'll be shocked at how big it is. It's a ten hour drive from Wasilla to Eagle, and that road isn't open during the winter. You have to be very self sufficient if you don't live in the city. Land is cheap because there's nothing there....lots of places that you have to drive for hours to "run to the store". I love the peace and quiet, but I don't know if I could do it year round anywhere in the bush anymore.

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the board!

Alaska is definitely on (at least) my visit list. So beautiful! I'm for Oregon and that's where I would like to end up one day again.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Welcome to the area Jeff. I was stationed in Kodiak, AK for 3 years and had the time of my life. I was stationed on a ship in which we traveled from the Artic Circle down to Seattle, WA but did get a lot of time to enjoy the serenity that Alaska has to offer. I haven't been back in about 7 years and am really starting to miss it. Awesome experience and can't wait to go back again.

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was a CTM, then CTN....now I'm retired. On to my second career...

Top Bottom