• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A fellow shooter told me about the forum yesterday, and here I am today. Retired Navy HMC, retired civilian medical insurance claims filer, and now raising goats and enjoying retirement. Trying to get my first Florida deer this season on my neighbor's property (my goats help keep down his brush and vines, and in return, I get to hunt). Got back into squirrel hunting after a 38 year absence this year, and the grandkids and I have been enjoying the results. I now call them "Limb Chickens" instead of "tree rats".

Thanks for the forums.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Welcome to the forum!! Hey you got goats what is better venison or goat? I love goat. Actually I wanted to get a few to put on my lease to eat the brush down and then hunt later...LOL

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Welcome to the forum!! Hey you got goats what is better venison or goat? I love goat. Actually I wanted to get a few to put on my lease to eat the brush down and then hunt later...LOL

Well, my goats all have names and are pets, so I can't comment on eating them! Hope 2 of the girls are pregnant and due to deliver in March. They are amazing at eating brush and vines, but can't be left completely on their own due to coyotes and feral dogs. I actually initially got my concealed carry permit so I would be armed when taking the goats into unfenced areas. I lead them and then they spread out and start eating.

Had one dog show up while in an unfenced area, and the herd acted just like in a movie of African plains animals...the older ones got in a small semi-circle facing the dog with the little goats behind the older goats. Luckily for the dog, it quickly left. Neighbor has had to take care of 3 dogs killing his chickens so far. I will have to be on more alert, as the woods where I know one feral dog pack lived is being cut down this week. Oh, neither Fish & Game nor Animal Control wanted anything to do with feral dogs out in the country and hinted that I could take care of any problems myself. As a result, my 4 neighbors and I have got together about dogs and coyotes and know what dogs each of us owns so our dogs are safe if they get loose.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Great for you! I had the old spanish goats on my land in TX and we would take the trophy ones and a few for meat during the year...They were mean enough to be left alone, I am sure we lost a few but i was running 150 adults, the wild ones would never come in when we were there and were fun to hunt. Great eating, the younger the better though. We shoot any dog or yote on site at our lease here.

Top Bottom