• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Ok, so we worked on the system this weekend. Please keep in mind I have a part-time developer (on a very shoestring budget) who already works a full-time job then some. So for those like "IT" people that think there is just some simple way to get this rolling easily, nope. Also, the testing went fine, however, when live some errors occurred. The system still worked, and people were still trading so we are fixing as we roll. Yes, my fault on the tutorial, with the system glitches not present in testing, once launched threw me.

So moving forward, please only post issues/errors here. We did fix the image size issues, add location to all the views so no more title need location, and many behind-the-scenes issues.

The What's New area should be good now, the system will auto-close ads with a post hence the ads showing up in there. The What's New area has its own Classified Ads Tab.

Also, the mods had nothing to do with this. This is as new to them as you. They have been assisting folks as needed as have I.

Let's also keep in mind this is a free forum with barely any site support or revenue. The reasons for the changes are so many. One of the biggest to me is the ridiculous amount of modding needed to run the classifieds. Early bumps, incorrect info non-stop for the ad, and so on. If it wasn't for the mods the last system would have been a mess. It was amazing how many people will take advantage of something if they can.

1) Consider changing the inactive ad portion of the system once things are more smooth.
    2) We need to tweak the dark theme. This is a large undertaking, so stay tuned. The dark theme is not obeying the Classified addon, so it has to be set apart and recreated in a parent style.

Thanks!

Iamnick

Shooter
    If I click new posts and try to click a classifieds link off of that it does not work. But I can view them if I go directly to the forum and find the listing that way, any ideas on how to fix that

Iamnick

Shooter
    from here?

Yeah, if I scroll through the new posts listing it gives me an error if I try to click on a classified post. Even if I click the link to the subforum on the post under the posters name it will not allow me to go to the forum from that link either.

I have to manually go to the side bar and click the forum list, scroll down to classifieds and then find the subforum it wad posted in and go to it that way in order to view it.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Yeah, if I scroll through the new posts listing it gives me an error if I try to click on a classified post. Even if I click the link to the subforum on the post under the posters name it will not allow me to go to the forum from that link either.

I have to manually go to the side bar and click the forum list, scroll down to classifieds and then find the subforum it wad posted in and go to it that way in order to view it.
    are you using Tapatalk? the links work here. ads shouldn't show up hopefully in there any longer, it has it's own tab now in the WHATS NEW area.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I like that your extending the dark theme but the color of the font is hard to read what's on the screen. Don't know what section I need to post in lol
    Screenshot_20240904-210102.png

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If I hold my finger on the section it will highlight it but it's a memory game at that point.
    Screenshot_20240904-210112.png

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Have we fixed the double notifications for watch forums or posts? I am using Google Chrome and was subscribed to the "Firearms for Sale" section but kept getting two notifications when a new post is made. Also see this for watched threads that I am following.

Have tried resetting all my notifications settings in Chrome and unwatching the forums but when I resubmitted the watch it is still giving me two notification pop-ups in Chrome.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Have we fixed the double notifications for watch forums or posts? I am using Google Chrome and was subscribed to the "Firearms for Sale" section but kept getting two notifications when a new post is made. Also see this for watched threads that I am following.

Have tried resetting all my notifications settings in Chrome and unwatching the forums but when I resubmitted the watch it is still giving me two notification pop-ups in Chrome.
    next on his list, stay tuned...

Top Bottom