• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My guess would be....(and just a guess)....anything that is made or marketed or even "called" a a BUTT STOCK would be a no-no. A tennis ball,a cucumber,or a moon pie/twinkie would be completely OK. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    LOL @ Sawman, I think I will call it a cucumber from now on!

Wiki, the sight sucks, cheap BSA I got for $20 at a pawn shop, about what it is worth...but it sighted in, stayed on target and worked, so I guess it is OK. It was in the closet when the 2 pistol scopes I had did not work I put it on as a last resort. Sig has a $200 variable compact scope i might get for it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK I changed the buffer to the lighter one now, next time out I will try it out.

Just for some who like I do may at times carry this in the vehicle, I found this new Blackhawk offering very useful for concealing the weapon, I think broken down it would also carry my rifle as it has a hard divider inside. I guess i could carry this around the Mall as my concealed carry weapon?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, did bigfoot come through with his camera crew to take those pictures for you?

I like that case, my 4" SBR fits in a regular ole racquetball racquet case...it isn't near as fancy as that though!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Range day!!

OK, put the other buffer in, thought I had a serious problem when I started w Remington ammo, damn that stuff sucks, caught in the extractor, FTF...took the bolt apart reinstalled in carrier and changed ammo.. the SSA and Hrnady ran well. Another 50 rds down the tube!

Still does not cycle when held loosely but w pressure and held tightly it runs perfect...you cannot limp wrist it so to speak. Ejection is at 4oclock consistently.

Took the red dot off & Put a 4x32 Simmons Diamond reticle shotgun scope on it and resighted in. At 50 the 110 Barnes Tsx and TTSX along w the Hornady 120SST all hit about the same POI, interesting, ran the 110 TSX out at 100 and still dead on, so that is my new ammo for it, should be good 40-125 and no issue.

At the range The Pig is loud still as I forgot my ear protection twice...wow, but I had a tin roof over me so hunting it is much quieter. My rifle will be sitting in the safe or taken as a backup with most of my shots 45-75yds and the pistol will do the job. I can see better w the 4x scope, my poor eyes needed the help and I like the cross-hairs instead of a dot. Will post pics later..I am happy as I can be w this setup!

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks better with the glass now. Seeing that counter top reminds me of those 2 fine plates of pork I had there the other day :)

Top Bottom