• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Until recently. Always been a fixed stock guy. ( retractable stocks are crap, hurumph! A1 lenght or nothing!, bleh!)
    Rigged up a NV rifle and have been using it in various locations. The ability to move the stock in and out is fantastic when propped on things or in cramped locations. Then add smaller framed shooters into the mix and it gets better. So I learned something new.

Attachments

• 20210716_235852.jpg
      20210716_235852.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 124

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years ago I learned the beauty of collapsible stocks. Grabbed the 870 one winter night while wearing a coat. Raised it up as normal and it hit. After that installed a Blackhawk stock.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Years ago I learned the beauty of collapsible stocks. Grabbed the 870 one winter night while wearing a coat. Raised it up as normal and it hit. After that installed a Blackhawk stock.
    Try wearing a tshirt, camie top, jacket liner, GoreTex jacket, flak jacket, load bearing vest and an ALICE pack all at once while shouldering an M16A2 without a collapsible stock. That shit sucks. Then when somebody with more chevrons than you thinks it's cute to yell "gas, gas, gas" at the top of his lungs in the middle of the night you'll get to wear all that, shoulder a non collapsible stock and do it while wearing a gas mask that you cant see, breath or get sight alignment in. Thank God for collapsible stocks

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Watch out James. In some case them stocks are made out of the same material as them plasticky MagPul mags. And we all know what they can do.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . wondering if any of them plastic mag poo-poo'ers are using plastic stocks. --- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Watch out James. In some case them stocks are made out of the same material as them plasticky MagPul mags. And we all know what they can do.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . wondering if any of them plastic mag poo-poo'ers are using plastic stocks. --- SAWMAN
    Difference is I can beat most black battle rifle stocks into splinters or plastic pulp and still make the rifle go bang in semiautomatic

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your absolutely right. Just simply snug that bare buffer tube under your ear and on your collar bone.
    ESPECIALLY other than 223/5.56 crowd.
    Or,I guess,from the hip.
    As you can see,somewhere in my postings,about a week ago,I made the quite generous offer of 1 metal mag for three MAGPUL 10's or 20's. Wanna know how many members have taken me up on my offer ?? ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Your absolutely right. Just simply snug that bare buffer tube under your ear and on your collar bone.
    ESPECIALLY other than 223/5.56 crowd.
    Or,I guess,from the hip.
    As you can see,somewhere in my postings,about a week ago,I made the quite generous offer of 1 metal mag for three MAGPUL 10's or 20's. Wanna know how many members have taken me up on my offer ?? ---- SAWMAN
    I did see that offer! I dont think anybody took your offer serious, though. But hey, some of those metal mags are like $100 a piece, like the H+K maritime mag

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For the doubtful - - ->

MY OFFER WAS REAL.
    BUT - - -> I STILL HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGH TO DEAL WITH WHOMEVER I WISH.
    NO BANGERS,LITTLE BOYZ,DOODES,HALF JACKED PICKUP OWNERS/DRIVERS,OR,ETC,ETC.
    ONLY " FUDD's".
    Thank you for your understanding. ---- SAWMAN

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the doubtful - - ->

MY OFFER WAS REAL.
    BUT - - -> I STILL HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGH TO DEAL WITH WHOMEVER I WISH.
    NO BANGERS,LITTLE BOYZ,DOODES,HALF JACKED PICKUP OWNERS/DRIVERS,OR,ETC,ETC.
    ONLY " FUDD's".
    Thank you for your understanding. ---- SAWMAN
    What is a Doode? nd a Fudd? I'm an old guy.
    I'm pretty old school and don't understand all the new lingo. Never had any kids to teach us that crap. Now I'm 61 and often find myself struggling to understand young peoples conversations, much less the so called music they listen to.

Most all of my Mags are Hex mags and so far I have to say they have functioned flawlessly.
    Now of course they will fail miserably.....just my luck.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,and I most likely have waaaaaay too many retro type milspec aluminum mags. Got tons of 20s' and "enough" 30's.
    IMO the MP's simply have so much going for them I just keep gettin' more and more.
    For example - -> how ofter do most people disassemble and throughly clean them aluminum or steel mags. How's them floorplates uh looking ?? Screwdriver,plyer,and rescue type "jaws of life" marks permanently scored in them,RIGHT ?? --- SAWMAN

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes , hearing" Gas Gas Gas" makes shooting a full stock almost impossible. Ranks right up there with... This isnt going to hurt at all

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    My trade offer is now aimed directly at you James. NO FREE WHINES ABORBED BY ME. ---- SAWMAN View attachment 125162
    I use the poly mags, they work great. My NV coyote gun uses the 10rd magpul.

Attachments

• 20210715_171416.jpg
      20210715_171416.jpg
      3.1 MB · Views: 93

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO excellent choice with the magpul 10's. All you will ever need and hangs below minimal.
    In fact,I load them with 8rds. NEVER EVER needed that many.
    I have a magpul -5 insert that I will give you for deer if needed. --- SAWMAN

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Speaking of collapsible stocks...if we still are, I personally have little use for them. When I put my ARs together I installed fixed A2 type stocks. YMMV, but I'm well beyond my Army days (been there, done that, and we didn't have collapsible stocks then, either). I don't continue to 'play' Army, and doubt I'll be 'gearing up' to the point that I can't shoulder my rifle. My wife, on the other hand, is very short, and if she ever had to use one I do have a Bushmaster M4 that I bought new and kept a collapsible stock on it. Like I said...YMMV

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Speaking of collapsible stocks...if we still are, I personally have little use for them. When I put my ARs together I installed fixed A2 type stocks. YMMV, but I'm well beyond my Army days (been there, done that, and we didn't have collapsible stocks then, either). I don't continue to 'play' Army, and doubt I'll be 'gearing up' to the point that I can't shoulder my rifle. My wife, on the other hand, is very short, and if she ever had to use one I do have a Bushmaster M4 that I bought new and kept a collapsible stock on it. Like I said...YMMV
    I'm the same. A1,a2 stocks on everything....but when faced with an abnormal shooting position or when smaller framed people need to use them, the collapsible aspect really shines.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I did see that offer! I dont think anybody took your offer serious, though. But hey, some of those metal mags are like $100 a piece, like the H+K maritime mag
    I have a pair of them I'd let go for cheap considering their going rate......

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    My wife has a pink Hogue collapsible stock. She likes the color, granted, but it also serves to help distinguish whats hers from other black rifles because she doesn't handle it enough to be able to tell hers apart from other black rifles. Just a thought. If I ever want to use her rifle then I just swap stocks in two seconds. A lot easier than cerakote or hydrodip or colored tape

Latest posts

Top Bottom