• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looking for somewhere I can send a broken part and have a new one machined. I have a couple of rare older shotguns and a rifle that need some parts made from scratch. The rifle needs a hammer built. The shotguns one needs a need a new side plate, and the other needs a hammer built as well. I have the old broken hammers. Unfortunately the manufacturer is either no longer in business, or they are no longer producing the gun I’m needing parts for. I was hoping one of our fine members maybe knew of a place I could send out the parts to have them duplicated to the exact tolerances. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And these guys.....

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Looking for somewhere I can send a broken part and have a new one machined. I have a couple of rare older shotguns and a rifle that need some parts made from scratch. The rifle needs a hammer built. The shotguns one needs a need a new side plate, and the other needs a hammer built as well. I have the old broken hammers. Unfortunately the manufacturer is either no longer in business, or they are no longer producing the gun I’m needing parts for. I was holding one of our fine members maybe knew of a place I could send out the parts to have them duplicated to the exact tolerances. Any help is appreciated.

Try JJ aka ONESHOT on this forum..

850-572-6611

He has Made a part for me before.

amazing...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Can you supply the intended "machinist" with a mechanical drawing of the part to be made or fixed ??
    If not - - -> IT WILL COST YA !! --- SAWMAN

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Can you supply the intended "machinist" with a mechanical drawing of the part to be made or fixed ??
    If not - - -> IT WILL COST YA !! --- SAWMAN

I can supply the intended machinist the broken part to use as a pattern, as well as provide an engineered draft of said part.

The shotguns are simple. The issue is duplicating a hammer for a Sako Finnwolf. They are no longer in production and their are no parts anywhere. I checked the above places, and I don’t care what it cost.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If money is no object then you should be able to get most anything duplicated. I’ve got a $100 gun that I paid $200 to have repaired, it didn’t matter to me because it was my grandfathers and I would have paid what ever it took to fix it .

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can supply the intended machinist the broken part to use as a pattern, as well as provide an engineered draft of said part.

The shotguns are simple. The issue is duplicating a hammer for a Sako Finnwolf. They are no longer in production and their are no parts anywhere. I checked the above places, and I don’t care what it cost.
    If a machinist is properly set up and you have the pieces of the old part a device called IIRC a comparator (spelling) is used to determine dimensions and such. I have watched a little of it being done once at Ole Frontier.
    Still not easy to do for something complicated. Even if one has a blue print, you still have figure out how to do it. Which holes or mill cuts are made first. One needs to plan how to secure it while it is being machined. Does it need heat treatment.
    Best to try to find it at guns parts or some place first or least a part that is close enough that it can be fitted. Even the screws on old shotguns can be a pain. There at one time was a collection of old shotgun parts in town, perhaps late 80's early 90's..
    They were located somewhere about garden where it went on to become navy blvd. I believe they are long gone. The question is where those parts ended up.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If money is no object then you should be able to get most anything duplicated. I’ve got a $100 gun that I paid $200 to have repaired, it didn’t matter to me because it was my grandfathers and I would have paid what ever it took took .

I agree 100% the question is where do I take it, or who do I send it too? Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so what shop did you use? I’m looking for recommendations on a quality shop. Thanks, Jeremy

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree 100% the question is where do I take it, or who do I send it too? Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so what shop did you use? I’m looking for recommendations on a quality shop. Thanks, Jeremy
    First you can ask the gunsmith that is on this forum for his opinion and if he wishes to fabricate or possible repair the part in question. He might also be able to refer to someone else. The smiths often know one another here, but sometimes they are not friendly to each other.

Top Bottom