• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This Tula ammo is not firing. I cycled 10 rounds and only 1 fired. Cycled some from a different brand and it went bang every time. Thoughts? Suggestions? I get it's not high quality but I would expect it to at least fire occasionally.
    Tula is on the right in the pic. Pretty good strike to the primer. I would say a better strike than the other ammo.

Shooting from an AR platform.

IMG_20201016_145838_01.jpg
    IMG_20201016_145821_01.jpg
    IMG_20201010_224130_01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    View attachment 94892

Last edited:

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    1. Maybe Very Hard Primers.
    2.Try them in a different Gun.
    3.Take one apart and see if the powder will burn?
    The Powder or Primers may be contaminated,ie-water-oil etc.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was thinking hard primer too, but dadgum... It's hitting hard enough to cave the primer in. I don't have another 7.62 to try them in. I just got the ammo from Gulf Coast Guns this past week. Box doesn't show any wear to it or signs of contamination.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Primers are too hard for your particular firing pin/spring is the most likely culprit, or just bad ammo.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you used a go-no go gauge? Combined with measuring the Tula ammo? Last thing you want to do is puncture primers on quality ammunition to make dime a dozen practice fodder function. JMHO.

What are the measurements of your fireformed cases? Use your actual fireformed cases to determine what measurements or the specifications of the ammunition you plan to use as Specifications. JMO, it may not be Humble! But it shall prove to be Prudent!

Last edited:

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    best thing to do is take a round that didnt go off and put it in a vice pointed down. then take a finishing nail place it on the primer and hit it real hard with a 4# sledge hammer if it goes off its your gun if it doesnt its the ammo.

DO NOT DO THIS. it was offered as a jest

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It not an exact comparison between a firing pin strike on fired case and a firing pin only strike due to the fired cartridges internal pressure on the primer.

I wouldn't say common but a fairly well know issue is some AR platforms/triggers have issues with hard Berdan primers in surplus type import 7.62×39 steel cased ammo. Berdan primers don't contain the Anvil (like Boxer primers) it part of the case. So the Primer "hammer" must travel the distance to the Anvil. Hard and higher seated primers need to overcome the hardness and/or the firing pin must compress the hammer extra distance for contact against the Anvil. Same ammo in AK/SKS goes boom.

More often than not a second attempt to fire the cartridge will detonate it from less resistance.

HARD PRIMERS will wear down firing pin tips to the piont of being flat instead of semi spherical. That wear can also cause a failure to compress a primer to ignite.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    best thing to do is take a round that didnt go off and put it in a vice pointed down. then take a finishing nail place it on the primer and hit it real hard with a 4# sledge hammer if it goes off its your gun if it doesnt its the ammo.

DO NOT DO THIS. it was offered as a jest
    Haha...I may or may not have tried this with a 30-06 bullet as a kid. Let's just say I lost a little butt meat when my dad got me.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It's a BCA. Hopefully this enhanced pin will work. Had a trigger issue the first time out and today the tula wouldn't shoot.

Trigger problem:

Werid. Is the fireing pin floating like its supposed to? Should rattle/move freely when you shake the bolt.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Werid. Is the fireing pin floating like its supposed to? Should rattle/move freely when you shake the bolt.
    Yes. I was using a different brand of ammo in the video. Just tried the Tula today and wouldn't fire. Went back to the other ammo and it fired fine. Tula is primers are the issue.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Buy Better ammo for this rifle

Buy a military surplus gun to shoot military surplus ammo
    You get another gun and better ammo! Win- Win

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Buy Better ammo for this rifle

Buy a military surplus gun to shoot military surplus ammo
    You get another gun and better ammo! Win- Win
    The whole point was to shoot the surplus at hogs. Got a 13 yo that likes to mag dump on the whole sounder. That 300blk ammo gets pretty pricey quick. Hopefully this pin will fix the issue and we'll be hammering away at them shortly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom