• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My latest velcro belt has worn out, and before I just go buy another one I figured I would ask if anyone here has any experience with the new style infinitely adjustable ones.

I don’t like belts with traditional buckles and holes because I wear untucked shirts most of the time and what I carry changes.

Anyone carry with anything interesting?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hard to beat the Kore belts. They lock up with a ratchet style buckle. They're possibly the most heavy duty style one I know of

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have had (2) Dillon Leather belts that are going on 20 years old and still in very good condition. They are made by Mitch Rosen which has been making higher end holsters and belts for MANY years!

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually considered the web belt. I was issued one in the USBP, but it might not hold the weight and my fat gets in the buckle when I wear it in my usual Florida “untucked polo shirt and 5.11 trousers” uniform. I don’t have much fat in me, but at my age it gathers in the middle!

Do the leather belts rely on holes and buckles?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I actually considered the web belt. I was issued one in the USBP, but it might not hold the weight and my fat gets in the buckle when I wear it in my usual Florida “untucked polo shirt and 5.11 trousers” uniform. I don’t have much fat in me, but at my age it gathers in the middle!

Do the leather belts rely on holes and buckles?
    That buckle & belt doubles as a tourniquet, once it bites it ain't coming loose easy. No need to take my word, ask any Marine issued one. YMMV.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have belts from these guys, have held up for few years now with a lot of work, edc, and range use...

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I know this discussion is largely revolving around edc style belts but I'd like to put some of my own input in on some of the duty/shooting belts I've used over the past few years.

Ferro Concepts- Lightweight, firm, flexible in a great way. I'm a big fan of the Bison belt and I still use it as a dedicated shooting belt for my FNX45. I don't like the inner belt though, it seems like an afterthought.

Safelife Defense- Heavy, S T I F F, not terribly impressed by it but I wear it for work and familiarity breeds contempt. I wouldn't spend my own money on it but it does the job, although pretty heavily and excessively stiff.

Kore Garrison belt- Big fan, I like it as an option for a stand alone range belt with velcro one wrap pouches. I think it makes a great do everything belt as an option for everyday use and for more heavier duty range stuff.

5.11 Sierra Bravo- Meh it's a duty belt, not particularly stiff but definitely more comfortable than the Safelife belt mentioned earlier.

Leather belt with steel band insert (Bullhide belts, Rampant tactical, Daltech, etc)- I've used a few of these guys over the years and I actually think they're a great option for everyday carry of larger handguns IWB, they eventually contour to your body and the steel band helps with carrying larger guns.

Defense Mechanisms Mech belt- I don't actually have this belt yet but it's on order and there's a decent lead time. From what I've read and seen I think it'll be a great belt for duty/range use, 3 layers of tegris mean it should be stiff as hell but tegris also has a way of flexing in the "right" way.

There's a few other belts I could talk about but these are the ones that stood out to me, I'd easily recommend the Kore garrison belt as an everyday option to most people. If you wanted a dedicated gunbelt I'd strongly recommend the Ferro concepts Bison, and I'm very optimistic about the Mech belt.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’ve used the “Better BDU Belt” in 1.75” on active duty and 1.5” more civilian clothes friendly... for at least a decade, it seems.

Very stiff top to bottom as you wear it, but flexible sideways to conform to your waist curves. Does NOT stretch at all. Great platform for whatever you want to clip to it. Infinitely adjustable (no holes).

Made in the U.S.A.

Depending on how long the excess ends up being, you can trim to your desired length. I use a loop of velcro as a floating “belt loop keeper” on my left hip to have somewhere to tuck the excess, if needed.

It’s a durable and comfortable belt that does what I need it to do. Highly recommend for the parameters you’re asking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom