• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt.Rob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good day folks. I have a no name .22 revolver from around the 70's I believe. The hammer will not lock back with the gun held up, and will only sometimes lock back with the gun held at my side. I have replaced some of the Internal springs but nothing has helped so far. I have the parts diagram and all seems to be there however I have not taken the gun all the way apart due to insecurities about my skills. I would gladly pay someone to look at it I'm just not sure who trust taking it to? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Capt.Rob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    if you want to bring it over i'll use my magic hammer on it . give me a call
    Thank you, I'll do a little more research and if I can't figure it out I'll give you a about!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The odds of being able to find parts for it are slim. The problem is wasnt made in Miami was imported via FIE through miami from literally any of about a dozen countries.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    These are great little pistols, I have several. They were made by a couple of different companies in Germany and are exact colt copies. I work on mine so if you can't figure it out I will give it a go.

Capt.Rob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    These are great little pistols, I have several. They were made by a couple of different companies in Germany and are exact colt copies. I work on mine so if you can't figure it out I will give it a go.
    Thank you, I am out of town right now but when I get back I'll get in touch.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's your exploded view and parts diagram/list.
    Does the cyclinder lock in place with the hammer Forward at rest?
    Does the cyclinder rotate when the hammer is pulled to rearward and then cyclinder lock up again?
    Hold the gun in a position where the hammer won't lock back then leave the hammer down. Apply and maintain light pressure on the back side of the trigger pushing it towards the muzzle, now cock the hammer full rear and release it: does the Hammer stay cocked? If you do this slowly you should feel each detent (3? first click is Half Cock, second click releses cyclinder to turn for loading and third is Cocked).

If the hammer is locking up with the muzzle down, gravity is keeping the trigger forward allowing trigger/bolt engagement with the hammer sear. When the muzzle is up trigger flops rearward and there is no contact with the trigger sear. The Trigger Bolt Spring is dual function to Reset the trigger forward and raising the bolt to lock the cyclinder on on end while engaging the Hammer's Sear with the other end.

We know, in the right position the hammer will lock. That rules out the hammer/sear (its one piece). It also means the sear engagement end of the Bolt is adequate to hold it in position. The other end of the Bolt locks and releases the cyclinder, if the checks in the first paragraph were good that rules out the Bolt.

**This** The Trigger Bolt Spring "may" be working half its duties with the Bolt if cyclinder Locks correctly. If your forward pressure on the trigger locks the hammer: then the Spring is not doing the othe half of its duty reseting the trigger forward. Part is $5 and in stock!

OR Wear on the Machine screw and mounting hole in the Bolt is worn to the point of elongation or misalignment that it will not reliably engage the hammer's sear.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert but pretty sure I slept in a Motel 6 once or twice. Lol

Above is just one parts vendor used as reference, not a endorsement.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    gunparts corp, or numrich as it was known. they have tons of schematics and TONS of odd parts.

weaselfire

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FIE E-15 was a relatively common import, lots of parts are available. Not the best gun available, pretty basic, but you could do worse. Unfortunately, not economical to have a gunsmith fix it, fee would be more than the gun is normally worth. But as a family heirloom, it's priceless.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Capt.Rob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FIE E-15 was a relatively common import, lots of parts are available. Not the best gun available, pretty basic, but you could do worse. Unfortunately, not economical to have a gunsmith fix it, fee would be more than the gun is normally worth. But as a family heirloom, it's priceless.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Fore sure. I know it's not worth anything monetarily, but it's priceless too me. I would like to o have it functional but if not that's ok too. I did order the trigger bolt spring and will replace soon, when I have the time and hopefully that fixes it.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom