DK Firearms

Need help please- aero precision m5e1 .308 win.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven’t had this rifle but a couple of months now I purchased it from a forum meme we who said he had it built but a local gun shop. I don’t know a lot about any of my ARs other than what I’ve read in manuals and review videos or how to videos to disassemble,oil/lubricant,clean, and to upgrade all sorts of parts. I purchased some 7.62x51 nato I believe it was sar or zar but 147grain fmj (m80) brass cased of course.I ordered somewhere around 300 rounds or so along with 200rounds of Tula Tula 147 grain fmj steel cased. The first time I fired the rifle it was actually my 3 boys and fired 3-4 each of the sar/zar. I had one failure to eject. My range trip I brought 60 rounds of Tula expecting the steel case to run worse than the brass but zero issues. Second range trip fired 80 Tula with zero issues and brought 10 rounds of the sar/zar and in between shots it wouldn’t go all the way into battery even with forward assist and not only that the charging handle wouldn’t budge. Had to carefully run cleaning rod down barrel and charge at same time to get it to budge. This happened at least 3 times in 10 rounds. So I bought some malaysia surplus ammo and loaded a mag to see if it would chamber all the way repeatedly and it seamed to but there is a v shape scratch/marring on all 20 rounds I chambered.am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my rifle? Please help.

Southernlost

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You need to break the rifle down and clean the crap out of it you might have some carbon build up that's catching the neck .also try not to shoot too much cheap ammo

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Agreed, break down the gun and clean / oil everything. I would focus on the feed ramp and barrel extension making sure it's clear of carbon fouling. Then I would look at the bolt and make sure that is free and clear of any debris and carbon. Once everything is cleaned, do a quick plunk and rotate test.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    To second rviray, I would look closely at the feed ramps and barrel throat for proper alignment. If it was "gun shop built" I'd like to know the make of the barrel, unless it was a complete Aero to begin with and they just changed accessories.

Jimmie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate the help. I cleaned the rifle over the weekend and polished the feed ramps. I’m not sure if the barrel make but I will check once I get home from work.

Jimmie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will add some once i make it home. I just asked the meme we that I bought it from and it was purchased from little jacks guns and the barrel is made by aero.

Jimmie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not have the few rounds that would not go into battery with. Since polishing the feed ramps the rounds don’t have nearly as noticeable scratch just chambering them and ejecting them. I’m gonna go to the range this weekend and try the same ammo again and 4-5 others that I’ve bought since then. I appreciate all the help from everyone and if the issue persists I’ll take photos and post them.

Top Bottom