• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Been a bad few days for alot of us... My dad just called asking for gunsmith help.... My brother in law & sister were flooded in Beulah and were barely able to get out of the house with their son before water took over..... a few guns were submerged and he's too busy trying to save the rest of the house... I'm trying to get there to help him but at this point any recommendation of a gunsmith to break down the guns to soak/save them is appreciated... I can be reached by cell... 850-501-1969.

Clint

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I helped a buddy get two pistols and a rifle that had been submerged in salt water, and then neglected for about a month back up and running. I just detail stripped the weapons, removed all sand and grit and remnants of rust, (an air compressor is your friend) and reassembled. I am not a gunsmith, but hopefully all that is needed here is a detail strip and good cleaning. I am happy to help if need be!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or drop them into a container of ATF fluid until you get a chance to deal with them.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They just got wet 2 days ago at best, just field strip and clean would be all you need to do. or like Frank said spray good with WD40 until you can get to them within a reasonable amount of time.
    But there are a couple over the bridge in seminole, Dubbs and Bus Stop about 1 mile out of seminole

Last edited:

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for all of the great advice....... it helps that its freshwater so the stripping & cleaning will start tonight.....I'm leaving work now to get there and help out...

Top Bottom