• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Hey guys, gonna pick up a pistol for carry in the next month or so and wanted some outside opinions. Would like something small enough to carry, but need a decent size grip as I gave a big palm. Looking to stay in the $250-350 range. So far I like the Walther PK380(down side no decocker), the shield, taurus PT111 G2, and the FMK 9C1. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hossfly72

Marksman
    No love for a CZ-Rami? I haven't tried one yet, but it's my dream pistol from what I have tried and seen.
    I rotate between a Keltec P-11 and a Sar B6p Compact. Mostly carry the Sar though. Big enough to matter, small enough to be concealed.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Love my Shield9. Light, accurate, slim and reliable. Whats not to love? Oh and Im not sure what these trigger snobs are talking about. Of the 4 that I owned (own 2 currently) they were not bad at all.

DGladden

Marksman
    Love my Shield 40. If you were closer I'd let you give it a go to see how you like it. I have no first hand experience with the G2 but know more than a few very happy owners. The others, can't help ya there.

qu1cks1lver56

Shooter
    Like the shields, kinda wanna pick one up. Love my G27. Super comfortable to carry it in an Alien Gear 2.0

Sent from a the future

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    I carry a shield 9 with talon grips in an alien wear tuck 2.0 and hardly even know it's there

Fishinspot

Expert
    I've got a sig p938 with the extended mag and it is awesome if you can find a used one. Check it out. Good luck on your search

Fletch

Master
    Really like my PT111 G2 carried in a deadeyeluke kydex pchip holster. Super comfortable and minimalist way to carry and can quickly be taken on or off. I have carried a 1911 Commander, G19, G26, XDm 3.8 and XDs but the Taurus G2 gets the nod over all of them for daily carry 90% of the time. It's light, has great ergonomics, almost as thin as a Shield or XDs but carries 12+1, is comfortable to shoot, as accurate as any other striker fired polymer, pretty good trigger imo, grip is just long enough to get a third finger on, and I've had zero malfunctions since day one with over 1000 rounds of various ammo fired as well.

Basically it carries like a single stack yet I have 12+1 of 147g HST. Doesn't feel like I give up to much in any one area. I like the fact it's a serious and capable gun yet I can quickly pop it in the waistband of lightweight shorts with no belt on if need be. With a good belt I forget it's there. Some may diss it as a cheap gun because of the price but I just see it as offering great value. I don't find it to be of any less quality or reliability than any other polymer like Glock or Springfield.

Rapier

Marksman
    You might take a look at the little KelTec 380. If you have bigger hands look for the magazine extension. The extension is similar to the one that Walther has for the PPK, gives you another finger on the grip.
    Ed

SAWMAN

Master
    Small enough to carry ...... big palm ..... surprised no one has mentioned the "baby" Glocks. Take a look at the Glock 26 and better still(IMO)the Glock 33. I own a 33 and carry it most every day. Lay one on top of a 1 5/8ths snubby and you will be amazed at the small difference. Actually I do believe that the Glock is thinner than the snubbys cylinder.

I understand the budget thing ......however ....... if you and your loved ones were going on a trip,would you buy retreads ?? Buy what you feel that you will need to adequately take care of yourself and family. NO COMPROMISE on something this important !! --- SAWMAN

Bowhunter1991

Shooter
    Another vote for the M&P Shield 40. I'm a huge Glock fan but, if money is an issue I love my Shield. If you have the money I'm with SAWMAN the baby Glocks are very nice.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I pulled the trigger on a police trade in glock 23. I will see when it gets here if I got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom