• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've moved an inexpensive Simmons 6x20x50 scope from a .22 to to a different .22. I could zero in the Simmons on the other .22 but can't on the new .22. The new .22 had a scope that had been zeroed in and all I did was move the scope from one rifle to another. Both the old rifle and the new rifle had 1" base and rings that stayed with the original rifle.

I can achieve zero in the elevation plane, however, I cannot get enough movement to zero in the windage plane. When I try to adjust the windage to move the vertical part of the cross hair right I reach the maximum adjustment point and it will not adjust any farther right. All this is happening at 50 yds.

Any idea what is happening here and what I can do about it?

Thanks in advance to any input.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Could be the rifle you had the scope on dove tail was well aligned so you didn't run out of adjustment before zero. The rifle you moved it to the dove tail might be a bit askew. Enough so it runs out of adjustment before rifle is zeroed. I would try another scope on the latter to see if you can get it zeroed. Or return both to original configuration that achieved zero and sleep well at night.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    does the rear ring have windage adjustments?

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pics of the base:

Damn, can't upload. Took them with a iPhone and they are in a .heic format and GULFCOASTGUNFORUM doesn't recognize that format. I will try and convert them to a compatible format

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Found my problem. Took the scope off and started from the beginning. When trying to bore sight I found out that I couldn't get any movement on the vertical part of the crosshair no matter how much or in which direction I turned the dial. I must have screwed up the scope during the move in rifles. O well, it was an inexpensive scope to begin with.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom