• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Back in the day,the NEF's were great "project guns". Super easy to smooth up,rechamber,thread for muzzle device,switch bbls,shorten LOP,etc,etc. Tons of different add-ons like folding stocks,collapsing stocks,etc. Easy to scope,"normal" pic/1913/Weaver rail sold everywhere,easily moded hammer spur or extension.
    My NEF AAC edition will shoot <.400" 5 shots at 50yds with several different loads. Both sub AND super.
    Hard to believe that somebody did not keep making them. For the price,they worked,and were pretty accurate if you knew the proper mods that could be accomplished quickly,at home. --- SAWMAN

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a few and honestly the bigger bores always manage to put a smile on folks face when they give it a try at the range.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wait til you try my Ranger Rick's 700gr at 1300fps.
    I will be issueing "certificates of proof" of having been shot. --- SAWMAN

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Back in the day,the NEF's were great "project guns". Super easy to smooth up,rechamber,thread for muzzle device,switch bbls,shorten LOP,etc,etc. Tons of different add-ons like folding stocks,collapsing stocks,etc. Easy to scope,"normal" pic/1913/Weaver rail sold everywhere,easily moded hammer spur or extension.
    My NEF AAC edition will shoot <.400" 5 shots at 50yds with several different loads. Both sub AND super.
    Hard to believe that somebody did not keep making them. For the price,they worked,and were pretty accurate if you knew the proper mods that could be accomplished quickly,at home. --- SAWMAN
    Did you see where the h&r name was part of the sale of the remington assets so it's a possibility of them making a comeback.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Had one in .22 hornet that was NASTY accurate ! Should never have gotten rid of that one !

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve got a Buffalo Classic in 45/70. I guess that would be considered a Handi rifle.
    I just like the looks of it and how it’s balanced. Haven’t gotten around to shooting it yet.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The NEF Handi Rifles were chambered in many chamberings throughout the years. Guessing - -> 25 or so.
    Several different stock configurstions also including "varmint style". I had one in 22-250 and one in 25-06. Both shot <2MOA with some tinkering.
    Had several of their shotguns also. Still got three. And two rifles. One rifle,a shortened,heavy bbl 223Rem shoots great. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom